Powerboss

Help with dryfit / polyester shirts / shorts

Hi, I'm trying to press some numbers on some Dri-Fit uniforms for a team. Because they have seems I am putting a pillow underneath the Garment but when I press the numbers on to the Garment you can see the square of the pillow. It appears as though the part of the heat press that touches the Garment is changing the color of it. I tried washing and drying to see if that would remove the discoloring but it 7 changed it. I am also using the paper in between the heat press and the Garment. Here is a photo. You can clearly see the lighter-colored square. What is causing this and how do I remedy it?

20170826_151654.jpg

Yeah that's tough to deal with sometimes. Certain garments are more prone to what you are having than others. What is the blend of your dry-fit fabric?What HTV are you using on it? and what type of pillow? Easyweed Stretch has a fairly low application temp compared to a lot of the competition and it helps a little sometimes. There are definitely some risks when pressing garments. 

Part of what is going on is it is developing a sheen on the pressed area. About the only way to try and fix it is to press the rest of the garment. Basically give the rest of it the same look. Not ideal and can double the effect if you hit an area twice along an edge. You might try a quick 2 second placement tac and then turn it inside out to press the full time. Not sure if that will help or not but it might. I don't think you'd ever get lined up right starting from the inside. 

Another possible factor is the heat causing the sublimation dye to blow out. Some types of fabric are more susceptible to this than others. Just depends on the process they use to color the fabric and the type of fabric. If this is going on you will see a lot of blow back on your cover sheet. I did a set of orange uniforms and practically ruined my teflon cover from all the orange it shed. This did not effect the product much but it shows up more on darks than lights. 

I had the same problem with some fruit of the loom dry fit shirts.  

Never could figure out how to fix it.   I had to switch to a lighter grey color shirt for my customer.  

• Like 1