wickedstangs

Need assistance Vectorizing

i opened it up - its already vectorized, but way too busy for vinyl cutting - looks like chromes, and some dark gray shapes, shading,  that have been traced, dark traced shapes next to the "L"s.., 

With some time - you can delete all the items you don't need and get the look the customers wants. Here is a screenshot. Or I am sure there are members who can clean this up for you.

Ladies Night Screenshot.jpg

That's the problem with tracing applications.  They either work okay, or work horribly.  And they very rarely work great.

Not sure what program you're using to trace.  The one built into Corel lets you make some adjustments for level of detail, sharpness, etc.  This helps mitigate the problem you're experiencing a bit by reducing the number of nodes it produces.

This one is pretty simple, so a redraw wasn't too bad.

LNL Soccer Logo.jpg

LNL Soccer Logo.svg

• Like 3

love to see the person with 2 years on the forum helping someone with 8 years of experience.    

• Like 3

Amen Dakota.

Wicked, I sort of specialize locally in this type of thing or used to before I got busy building shirts now I do much less of it. I have found the best way to get a good end product is to get into the mind of the originator and recreate it. Once in a while I'll bump across something abstract enough that it's hard to tell what they did to get from point A to point L but most of the time it's pretty simple stuff. You'll have some images like the soccer girl that you'll trace out (I am a big believer in manual hand tracing not auto trace) but all the rest is just boxes and circles welded together and some offset lines and rounded corners here and there. As you gain experience you will learn what's going to be a good layout for cutting and ways to minimize the effort. Meaning that you can build a logo several ways that all look the same at a glance or for print but are layered to be simplified specifically for cut, a term we often call "cut ready". 

If at all possible always take the time to find the font for text, it will come out nicer. If I absolutely can't find the font then I get one as close as I can and do some pushing and pulling to get it there. A job like that one might take me a half hour and Scarekrow (forum vector guru) can probably do it in half that. Take the image and set it into your design program and draw right over the top of it. I usually reduce the capacity by about half and lock it so it stays put. I also usually draw with no fill so I can easily see the image below. (In Illustrator I actually draw with no fill or stroke) 

• Like 4

LNL.jpg.3da7adbab120d29814cacdd639b9efca.jpg

On 8/26/2017 at 0:27 PM, Tenfour86 said:

That's the problem with tracing applications.  They either work okay, or work horribly.  And they very rarely work great.

Not sure what program you're using to trace.  The one built into Corel lets you make some adjustments for level of detail, sharpness, etc.  This helps mitigate the problem you're experiencing a bit by reducing the number of nodes it produces.

This one is pretty simple, so a redraw wasn't too bad.

LNL Soccer Logo.svg

@Tenfour86 send me an email address that I can send a little something too..  Thank you  very much..  I really appreciate it. Not my day job or hobby :) @Dakotagrafx