dorlov

Incorrect cutting area on CE-6000-40 HELP!!!

Hi everyone, I have CE-6000-40 cutter and use vinyl sheets 297x420mm. For some reason, it doesn't cut outside of push rollers. My media sensor is off, with push roller sensor it shows media width 276mm instead of 297, when I turn push rollers sensor off, media width turns to 355mm but it cuts outside push rollers.

Is anyway I can set correct media width of 297mm? I checked all settings in RIP software and everything seems to be ok. Any recommendations?

first hello from the USA . . .  if I read this correctly you turned off the push roller sensor so the plotter has no idea where the cutting area is unless you set the origin each time before cutting and you make sure your design does not go beyond the width and length of the vinyl.

when using the ce4000 in conjunction with your printer (reason for the RIP software) for your skins again it has to know where the start point is and your software should be looking for the registration points printed with your solvent or latex printer . . .

if you turn the push roller sensor on and place the rollers to the very outside of your vinyl you will lose a little cuttable width but it will ensure the plotter knows where the limits are as the sensor will detect the exact position of the rollers and keep withing that distance along with actually measuring the length of the vinyl if you are using the "sheet" setting

thanks for response. But why does it show 355 mm width if I turned off push roller sensor? 

My RIP software has a function to set start point but cutting area is just a little bit too small for me. Is anyway I can expand cutting area beyond push rollers with on or off push roller sensor? 

for width without the sensors on it is a setting on the plotter to set the width  - - - with the sensor turned off it is up to you  so set internally on the plotter the size of the page each time or make sure your design is smaller than the page width and you set the origin at the beginning of the page each time.    with the graphtec controller download you can set those from your computer, as long as your cutting software doesn't have the ability to change them too like flexi does.

if I turn push roller sensor off, can I set default media width which will be automatically set for every work I cut? RIP settings doesnt work, it still sows 355mm width, even if page was set to A3 (297mm width)

setting the size of the page in your design software when you open it is not going to set the size on the plotter - on the plotter you can specify the size but it can be overwritten depending on if you cutting software has that capability like flexi and I believe vinylmaster can - in flexi it is in the production manager area something like the fourth tab where the software can set the plotters size of page.  haven't played enough to know in vinylmaster where it would be but you haven't said what software you are using.   are you using a latex or solvent printer on wrap material for your skins??

I use simple dye a3 epson printer and chinese RIP software. I don't understand where does it take 355mm width from if I turn push rollers off. There is no such setting in RIP software. No cutting are setting in it. Can I set default cutting are in driver or cutter itself for all future jobs. Where can I find instructions? 

Sorry, I am not very experienced in cutting and my questions may look stupid. But I rally need to expand cutting area by 1-1.2cm

if you are using registration marks so you can cut after laminating it shouldn't be a problem.

having never used your :"chinese rip" software I don't know if it can reset the parameters or not on your cutter - check out your plotter instruction manual page 4-4

https://static1.squarespace.com/static/5900b1a3c534a5aa8149a65c/t/597f7eb96b8f5b0625147b87/1501527742667/CE6000+Series+User+Manual.pdf