steved13

need pricing input please

Being new to this I am trying to get a feel for pricing.  I can't find a price using the 10mm only the 4mm.

This sign is 24" x 24" on 10mm (the heavier stuff) corrugated plastic both sides and 2 of them (4 sides altogether).

What would you suggest as the price for this job?

Screenshot_1.png

I was hoping for some input?  I think to make it worth my time and effort, I would want to charge around $200 for 2 signs, 4 sides.  Is that in the ballpark?

This was for a guy I owe a lot to, so I only charged for materials which were $75...$35 for the board, 8' of 951 @$3 per =$24, $35+$24=$59 +$10 worth of velcro and a little 4mm board, app tape and such  roughly $75  It took me quite awhile to get it done, but I'm sure 3/4 of that time was due to inexperience

wow.... 200 bucks?  Good for you!   Not sure why you would want to use top notch vinyl on a corroplast sign that appears to be temporary.  Basically 2 24" x 24" double sided corro signs using 651, I would probably do for about 60.  If your corro cost you 35 for the sheet and you using 25% of it, your corro cost is only 9 bucks.  A couple more bucks for 651 and little for app tape and thats it.  Why did you need velcro?  Surely not to take two onesided signs and velcro them back to back to make a double sided sign thus doubling you cost on the whole job.

It is not a temporary, the price part of the sign is on velcro, so next house, I can do a new price (if necessary) and he can use again.  The 10mm Coroplast was $35 for the 2 24x24 sheets so actual cost was $35. I actually bought 24x36 of $35 and cut 1 foot off, but since I only charged for materials, I didn't think it was necessary do deduct the 1 ft I cut off I probably could buy the 10mm for less if I shopped around more or a larger quantity, but the job is the job, and that's what it cost.  There are 2 sings, double sided, so 4 sides.  IDid you mean $60 for each sign 2 sided, so $120 for 2?  Is that using 10mm, and how much might you add for the velcro addition?  Also I had the 951 already, so rather than order 651, and since it might be used long term outdoors in Florida, I thought it was worth the extra $$

10mm or 10 mil? 10mm is like 3/8" thick...  And you keep saying the thicker stuff, 951.  it's actually 2 mil, while the 651 is 2.5 mil.  Correct?

On 11/8/2017 at 6:14 AM, carwash said:

10mm or 10 mil? 10mm is like 3/8" thick...  And you keep saying the thicker stuff, 951.  it's actually 2 mil, while the 651 is 2.5 mil.  Correct?

He's talking about Coroplast.