Go-C Graphics

I give up with these damn printers

Recommended Posts

Go-C Graphics    733

Does anyone have a recommendation for a decent priced color laser printer.    

I'm completely over these damn epson printers.   I try to use them as often as I can and still I get clogged nozzles.  I use ONLY genuine epson ink. 

I've cleaned them probably 10 times and I can't get a clean print.  I'm tired of spending money on a new printer every year.  

Anyone else got a laser?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Wildgoose    2,903

Interested to see the response. I have one dead 7620 and a partially plugged 7610 that I have been getting by with for a while. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Dakotagrafx    5,570

heck I have been thru at least 3 monochrome lasers without investing in color toner :)   Hp for the office printer, ricoh for the sublimation and Roland for the business has served me best so far . . .   did you check out the color lasers on t-shirt forums?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
xpaperman    717

I have a color laser printer!  I got it free from Conde!!!  I got it last year on the big 4th of July blowout sale.  If you spent more than 700 bucks I think it was, they gave you a free color laser printer!  I just so happened a customer called and I needed over 800 bucks worth of blanks for them!  SCORE!!!  Its a Ricoh and I have not replaced and cartridges yet!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Go-C Graphics    733

Well this is what I came up with.   I'm picking it up after work.  It's a suggested brand with any of the laser transfers you can buy over at USCutter so I'll have to give that a try.

Toner isn't the cheapest around but there's NO INK to dry up.   If this means I no longer have to deal with clogged inkjet heads I'll take it.  

https://www.bestbuy.com/site/canon-color-imageclass-mf632cdw-wireless-color-all-in-one-printer/5746102.p?skuId=5746102

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
signyouup    166
2 hours ago, dcbevins said:

If that laser did tabloid and printed white it would be great.  Yes I want my cake and want to eat it too.

While we're at lets have it contour cut it for you and press it on the shirt. :D

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Go-C Graphics    733
7 hours ago, dcbevins said:

If that laser did tabloid and printed white it would be great.  Yes I want my cake and want to eat it too.

And make me a sandwich.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Primal Decals    570

thats strange,, My epson 7610 has been working like a charm with stock ink.Havent upgraded to the refill carts or tank system yet.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Go-C Graphics    733
15 minutes ago, Primal Decals said:

thats strange,, My epson 7610 has been working like a charm with stock ink.Havent upgraded to the refill carts or tank system yet.

How long have you had it?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Primal Decals    570

@Go-C Graphics-Just over a month or so. Is that too new lol?  Found out another bud of mine has had his ever since its came out and he hasnt had a issue either. Thats another reason i decided to get it .

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Go-C Graphics    733
18 minutes ago, Primal Decals said:

@Go-C Graphics-Just over a month or so. Is that too new lol?  Found out another bud of mine has had his ever since its came out and he hasnt had a issue either. Thats another reason i decided to get it .

Yea, not long enough.  I've had 3 epson printers and each one works great till the first cartridge change,  then I start having clogged print heads.  The WF7620 was able to clean them for a few months but in the end I still had to replace it.   

1st printer I used cobraink cartridges

2nd and 3rd printers I only used epson ink.  

I spent last night running clean heads continuously and it never cleared.   I went through a brand new high capacity black cartridge and emptied it.   (I figured WHY not give it a try since I was replacing the printer anyways)

hopefully your experience is better then mine.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
security802    678
On 8/30/2017 at 1:21 PM, Go-C Graphics said:

Well this is what I came up with.   I'm picking it up after work.  It's a suggested brand with any of the laser transfers you can buy over at USCutter so I'll have to give that a try.

Toner isn't the cheapest around but there's NO INK to dry up.   If this means I no longer have to deal with clogged inkjet heads I'll take it.  

https://www.bestbuy.com/site/canon-color-imageclass-mf632cdw-wireless-color-all-in-one-printer/5746102.p?skuId=5746102

Do laser make a better shirt transfer, quality wise? Been watching for a less expensive laser to try for one of my customers who has a band

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
dcbevins    233

I think the laser are more colorfast with a softer hand.  But there are lots of factors, the type of ink and toner, the type of paper.  Makes apples to apples comparison hard.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Go-C Graphics    733

I'm going to be ordering some of the paper soon.   I'll let you know.  

HP and brother printers weren't recommended but canon printers are.   That's one of the reasons I went with it.   

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now