Go-C Graphics

I give up with these damn printers

Does anyone have a recommendation for a decent priced color laser printer.    

I'm completely over these damn epson printers.   I try to use them as often as I can and still I get clogged nozzles.  I use ONLY genuine epson ink. 

I've cleaned them probably 10 times and I can't get a clean print.  I'm tired of spending money on a new printer every year.  

Anyone else got a laser?

• Like 1

Interested to see the response. I have one dead 7620 and a partially plugged 7610 that I have been getting by with for a while. 

heck I have been thru at least 3 monochrome lasers without investing in color toner :)   Hp for the office printer, ricoh for the sublimation and Roland for the business has served me best so far . . .   did you check out the color lasers on t-shirt forums?

I have a color laser printer!  I got it free from Conde!!!  I got it last year on the big 4th of July blowout sale.  If you spent more than 700 bucks I think it was, they gave you a free color laser printer!  I just so happened a customer called and I needed over 800 bucks worth of blanks for them!  SCORE!!!  Its a Ricoh and I have not replaced and cartridges yet!

• Like 1

Well this is what I came up with.   I'm picking it up after work.  It's a suggested brand with any of the laser transfers you can buy over at USCutter so I'll have to give that a try.

Toner isn't the cheapest around but there's NO INK to dry up.   If this means I no longer have to deal with clogged inkjet heads I'll take it.  

https://www.bestbuy.com/site/canon-color-imageclass-mf632cdw-wireless-color-all-in-one-printer/5746102.p?skuId=5746102

• Like 1

It would be really awesome if you can do some work and give some feedback. 

If that laser did tabloid and printed white it would be great.  Yes I want my cake and want to eat it too.

• Like 1

:huh:

Awwwwww, no tabloid?

Sigh................Sue2

• Like 1

2 hours ago, dcbevins said:

If that laser did tabloid and printed white it would be great.  Yes I want my cake and want to eat it too.

While we're at lets have it contour cut it for you and press it on the shirt. :D

7 hours ago, dcbevins said:

And make me a sandwich.  

thats strange,, My epson 7610 has been working like a charm with stock ink.Havent upgraded to the refill carts or tank system yet.

15 minutes ago, Primal Decals said:

thats strange,, My epson 7610 has been working like a charm with stock ink.Havent upgraded to the refill carts or tank system yet.

How long have you had it?

@Go-C Graphics-Just over a month or so. Is that too new lol?  Found out another bud of mine has had his ever since its came out and he hasnt had a issue either. Thats another reason i decided to get it .

18 minutes ago, Primal Decals said:

@Go-C Graphics-Just over a month or so. Is that too new lol?  Found out another bud of mine has had his ever since its came out and he hasnt had a issue either. Thats another reason i decided to get it .

Yea, not long enough.  I've had 3 epson printers and each one works great till the first cartridge change,  then I start having clogged print heads.  The WF7620 was able to clean them for a few months but in the end I still had to replace it.   

1st printer I used cobraink cartridges

2nd and 3rd printers I only used epson ink.  

I spent last night running clean heads continuously and it never cleared.   I went through a brand new high capacity black cartridge and emptied it.   (I figured WHY not give it a try since I was replacing the printer anyways)

hopefully your experience is better then mine.  

On 8/30/2017 at 1:21 PM, Go-C Graphics said:

Well this is what I came up with.   I'm picking it up after work.  It's a suggested brand with any of the laser transfers you can buy over at USCutter so I'll have to give that a try.

Toner isn't the cheapest around but there's NO INK to dry up.   If this means I no longer have to deal with clogged inkjet heads I'll take it.  

https://www.bestbuy.com/site/canon-color-imageclass-mf632cdw-wireless-color-all-in-one-printer/5746102.p?skuId=5746102

Do laser make a better shirt transfer, quality wise? Been watching for a less expensive laser to try for one of my customers who has a band

I think the laser are more colorfast with a softer hand.  But there are lots of factors, the type of ink and toner, the type of paper.  Makes apples to apples comparison hard.

• Like 1

I'm going to be ordering some of the paper soon.   I'll let you know.  

HP and brother printers weren't recommended but canon printers are.   That's one of the reasons I went with it.