Sign in to follow this  
dave_dj1

Exporting a file from Vinylmaster cut 4.0 to anything?

Hi all, I have a customer that would like to have me either email, print or text a copy of the design so he can have business cards made to match. For the life of me I can't figure out what I need to do and I know some of you are leaps and bounds ahead of me so I am seeking your knowledge and help. I am using VinylMaster cut v4.0. The program that came with my US Cutter Titan 2.

Thank you in advance,

Dave

22 hours ago, dave_dj1 said:

Hi all, I have a customer that would like to have me either email, print or text a copy of the design so he can have business cards made to match. For the life of me I can't figure out what I need to do and I know some of you are leaps and bounds ahead of me so I am seeking your knowledge and help. I am using VinylMaster cut v4.0. The program that came with my US Cutter Titan 2.

Thank you in advance,

Dave

Whazzup, Dave?

When Exporting (FILE menu) there are many different file format options available to choose from.

What you should do is ask what file type is best for the printing company that's going to make the business cards.

Just providing a .pdf might work OK, but they might want an .eps or even .svg, ---  this is ultimately a decision (raster or vector) for the card printer.

• Like 1

Thank you ,

You know how sometimes you just overlook the obvious?  LOL  I guess in my frustration trying to find a way to export it I never thought to look under "export" , thank you again.

I haven't really done much with it lately. I'm not trying very hard either though.

Y-W.

In my work environment, Exporting as .jpg is critical to providing PROOFS of designs for clients. I can then attach these images to emails and have the clients approve the jobs (or request revisions).  Just remember to name each revision in sequence -- v1 v2 v3 etc. -- and if you are getting up to v4 or v5, then you and the client need to stop all the back and forth of emails and have another face-to-face meeting!!!  Been there, done that.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, backwoodillusions said:

My question is this. When I exported it was saved in adobe illustrator, but my client doesn't have adobe illustrator. How do I download it as jpg and not adobe?

As i understand you should be able to save it as anything you like. Don't know what program your using. There is always screenprint and use paint paste,cut,save Don't ask me how i figured this out.. that is if you dont need to edit it and just want it as a jpeg

• Like 1