I just messaged CraftEdge to ask what the issue could be, but I will ask here as well, since there is a WEALTH of knowledge here.

I've been having issues with my cutter lately, and I've finally had some time to look into the situation.

After updating to SCALP 4, I went through, and selected my cutter options (or so I thought) to my cutter, to Laser Point 2 (budget cutter I know).

Today while investigating the issue (not jogging forward when finished with the cut) I noticed my cutter was set to another option!  It was set to some random cutting machine.  While the program still cut with my actual cutter, obviously the option to move forward after the cut did not work.

So, first things first, check to see if I have the most up to date version of SCALP 4, check, I have the most up to date version.

Ok, so lets turn off the cutter, close the program, and restart.  I do this, and proceed with starting the program, and turning on the cutter.  Select my cutter option, and try to proceed to test cut.  Nothing, instead I get a message stating the program cannot connect to the cutter and to try this solution.  The solution was to shut down the cutter, disconnect the USB from the PC, wait 10 seconds, reconnect everything, and start over.  I do this, and still no worky...  I check to make sure I have current drivers, and restart everything again...  Again, not able to choose my actual cutter.

The program works with me choosing the Laser Point 1, which hopefully will keep working so I can finish the job I'm currently working on, but I feel that whatever the differences in the cutters are, will come to bite me in the rear.  Has anyone experienced this, and if so, what would be the solution to correct it?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Many cutters will run on the same drivers...Even a Graphtec will run on a Copam in Signblazer...As well as the Titans will run on the Copam in Signblazer.   And the Roland PNC1000 is a generic driver that will run many different cutters.   It is a go to driver, when an OP can't find their old driver... 

• Like 1

@JLS Design ..Im not sure if they fixed the  ( check for latest update ) in scalps or not,. even tho it says you have the latest  you still may not without actually manually doing it. So Check with what version you have first in your SCALPS ,then go to  craftedge.com and click on downloads then check the latest version thats out and go from there. Even if you have the latest ,you can still re download the file to make sure yours didnt miss anything during last install you did.  ,

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Primal Decals said:

@JLS Design ..Im not sure if they fixed the  ( check for latest update ) in scalps or not,. even tho it says you have the latest  you still may not without actually manually doing it. So Check with what version you have first in your SCALPS ,then go to  craftedge.com and click on downloads then check the latest version thats out and go from there. Even if you have the latest ,you can still re download the file to make sure yours didnt miss anything during last install you did.  ,

Yep did that.  I remembered from your last post you shared.

4 minutes ago, JLS Design said:

Yep did that.  I remembered from your last post you shared.

oh ok... I did notice the weeding lines stand out more now in the update when you go to add them unless my eyes are messing with me lol.