steved13

Returns and shipping

I know no retailer likes returns, however many shoppers (especially online) rate retailers by the ease of returns.

I get the restocking fee (although I'd bet many don't) and even understand the buyer (or returner) paying the return shipping.  What would be far more customer friendly, is if USCutter woul issue call tags for the RMA item, so the customer can pay the reduced shipping price to USCutter.  I paid $100.00 to ship back a cuuter which cost me $300, and with the restock fee and after the shipping I will see less than half.  With USCutter's rate for shipping they could have saved me $60.

I returned a 1 week old refurb SC with stand...and upgraded to a new Titan2.  And I was very understanding, when the right switch did not work and they sent the wrong blade holder on the SC.

I should have done more research and ordered the servo to begin with, that's on me but USCutter could make the exchange process easier, especially when the customer is spendint more than double.

Still a good product at a good price and excellent suggestion, and I am a loyal customer who would recommend USCutter...just offering honest feedback

• Like 1

YEP, good choice on going with a servo cutter. hmmmm, I should've done that when my sc came in damaged.I waited for the new carriage to come in. which cost me $$$ with my 1st cust. The wife is very impatient. so a lil over $350 was spent at another shop. lol.

Back on shipping issues. I paid extra shipping charges to make sure my cutter was del by the end of the week I ordered it. it came 3 days late the following tue, and damaged.                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                        

17 hours ago, Primal Decals said:

Great cutter to start with.I like mine alot .I have the 24" (28) Which size did you go with tho?

I have the 28.  

Kind of a funny story.  Due to me being brand new to this, once I got the correct blade holder for the SC, I must have gotten really lucky, because it did a great job with very little tinkering on blade depth and pressure and such.  The titan2 came in, and at first I thought it didn't cut nearly as well...but after quite a bit of fiddling it does a great job.  Either the Titan2 is more finicky than the SC or like I said I got really lucky with the SC.  I found on the titan, the tiniest adjustment on blade depth, (I mean barely moving it) made quite a bit of difference, and a little adjustment on pressure (the SC didn't seem to make much difference) I got it dialed in.  Sometimes the adjustments seem counter intuitive, some a's and s's (with this particular font) were pulling off, so I thought it wasn't cutting, and applied more pressure, and it didn't help.  Dialed the pressure back and it got better...so I kept lowering it until it seems about perfect now.

• Like 1

Once you get it dialed in you will have perfect cuts on anything you do. It doesnt take much adjustment when messing with the blade to make it cut different. I know on my cutter i have my blade sticking out just a little more than its supposed to which allowed me to bump my pressure from 36 down to 33 . I noticed that i still had a lot of the blade not sticking out for full potential cutting which also made my blade holder almost touch or barely touch the vinyl which at first caused vinyl to be pulled up by drag. Now i have room and it cuts like a dream. For me my pressure runs from 33-36 on oracal 651,751 etc and on the 3m camo i run it at 39-41 i believe. For Siser htv i run it at about 36. Every cutter will be at different pressures unless they happen to get them set the same by luck lol..

Update.  UPS confirms delivery of my return on 8/25.  I haven't seen any refund or heard anything so I gave a call this AM.  My return is still "waiting to be processed, and with the holiday it will take a while"  "It could be a couple more weeks"  I've never heard of taking a month to get a refund.  Maybe it won't be 2 more weeks, but the seeming lack of any caring or customer service is very surprising.  Don't forget this was a "refurb/demo", when I bought it, it had a couple of issues out of the box, and I have replaced it with a much more expensive unit from them already.  I'm taking a 20% restock fee hit, and paid $100 to ship it back.  

When a company has good service, during the purchase process, as IMO USCutter does, it tells me they are capable of providing good service.  Then when they fall down on the return process I have no choice but to believe they could be just as good at returns if they wanted to, they just don't want to.