Karebear

MH 871-MK2 and Windows 10

it's one of those trade offs to have the most "affordable" cutter - concessions are made- the titan is the first one that really has a good USB chip set like the big boys do,

but with that said many people have cut a lot of material with a MH and lots more for longer period with the keyspan to help.    

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Primal Decals said:

@Karebear   Here is the driver if needed for what you have listed.

When you download the file to your computer, you might have to right click on it and run it as Administrator to make sure it installs properly.

Have we even found out if the driver got installed or not ? here is the driver from uscutter for windows..

@Dakotagrafx Since i dont know much about the keyspan ,Why does she need one if it has a USB port according to uscutters website.I thought the keyspan was for the serial port? Or am i wrong on that also lol.... .or is there a difference between a MH MK2 and a MH 871 . I dont follow these cutters and i guess i should so i know if they are the same or not. I couldnt fint the MH MK2 on the cutter page. Im gonna get schooled i feel it haha..

mh_mk2_driver.exe

Is this Driver for the Windows 10 for US Cutter? I downloaded and Extracted the file. In download in my computer it has 3 files when I open it. amd64, i386, & ia64. How do I install it?

10 minutes ago, Kim@PhantomSpeedshop said:

That link goes to a page now that does not exist

The site has been upgraded since 2017.   A lot of links don't work anymore.  What are you looking for? 

Adobe Photoshop is solely raster. Your cutter, all cutters only deal in vector.

• Like 1

Are you trying to print or cut?  It is a vinyl cutter, not a printer.  Are you clicking Print or cut?  How long have you had this cutter? 

Cut only.

I have had the cutter for a few months now and it worked great on Windows XP, flexisign 8.

We just upgraded our computer to this Windows 10 and also upgraded our software to flexisign19 and it has acted up since we upgraded.

I don't use Windows 10.  But if it worked great on XP, why not leave it there?  I have been running on XP since 2006.  Very stable software.  You don't need a fancy computer to run a vinyl cutter.   I am also still back on Flexi 8.6.     Those value cutters run better on a serial cable or a Tripp-Lite Keyspan Adapter, and the null modem cable that came with them.  that is the brand name. Those MH cutters are very finicky, with many known problems.   They are very limited on memory, they have communication and static problems. As well as tracking problems. The next step up, the SC2, would have been a much better cutter. 

12 minutes ago, Kim@PhantomSpeedshop said:

Cut only.

I have had the cutter for a few months now and it worked great on Windows XP, flexisign 8.

We just upgraded our computer to this Windows 10 and also upgraded our software to flexisign19 and it has acted up since we upgraded.

Just one thought, buying $2500 software for a $250 plotters is rare, with that said I know someone that had hacked flexi that soon as they upgraded to win 10 , win 10 deleted the hacked code rendering the flexi useless.   Now if legal I would contact sai like skeeter had mentioned 

• Like 2