Karebear

MH 871-MK2 and Windows 10

I just bought a MH 871-MK2 today from a friend. I have Windows 10 and I am having problems getting the Driver to Download. I might be using the wrong one. Any Help. Also I want to know if there is a way you can use Sure Cuts Alot 2 on this cutter? I was told by the friend that all i needed was Sure Cuts Alot. Please help... I dont want to have to sell this Cutter because I can't use it. 

thanks

This is the UScutter support page.  Choose your cutter and follow the instructions.  

https://support.uscutter.com/support/home

And found this info for Scalp 2   No,  the software is for a Cricut.

Sure Cuts A Lot 2 is compatible with the original Cricut Expression, Personal, Create or Cake/Cake Mini machines and lets you cut any shape, design, picture, text or font with your Cricut! Setup and installation is extremely easy. Just install and you're ready to cut! SCAL 2 will NOT work with the Expression 2, Mini, Imagine, Explore/Explore Air or any other brand of die cutting machines or plotters. 

Ok I bought a Keyspan to try and get this to work and I have windows 10 and need the Driver for the Keyspan for Windows 10 and I can't find one. Please help. This is really frustration. I have spent alot of money and want this to work so bad.

Well If you bought a Tripp Lite Keyspan Adapter, then go to their website  and download the Windows 10 driver.  It is there. 

• Like 1

are you using the null modem serial cable that came with the cutter ? standard serial cable won't work

I think that the Sure Cuts Alot 4 is not responding with the Cutter. I have everything set and all the right Drivers. Maybe I don't have something set up right on the Program.

I have a MH 871-MK2 and I also have Windows 10. I also bought a USB Serial Adapter (Tripp-LIte). I have Sure Cuts Alot 4. I can not get all of this to work together. Please help.

Thanks

You're going to have to provide a bit more info. It doesn't work, doesn't tell us what your actual problem is. Have you installed the Tripp-Lite drivers? Have you configured your comm ports? Have you setup SCAL4 to use the correct comm port? Are you using a null modem cable? Are you getting an error of any kind? What exactly is happening?

• Like 2

identical threads merged by moderator - so the information is in one place and not just being repeated again

On 8/6/2017 at 9:42 PM, Karebear said:

I am using the cable that came with the cutter

is this the cable that shipped from uscutter with the plotter or just one your friend supplied??

You're going to have to provide a bit more info. It doesn't work, doesn't tell us what your actual problem is.

Have you installed the Tripp-Lite drivers?Yes

Have you configured your comm ports? I am not sure about that. How do you do that?

Have you setup SCAL4 to use the correct comm port? How do you do that?

Are you using a null modem cable? Yes

Are you getting an error of any kind? No

What exactly is happening? It just freezes my Sure Cuts Alot 4 in the print stage.

15 minutes ago, Karebear said:

You're going to have to provide a bit more info. It doesn't work, doesn't tell us what your actual problem is.

Have you installed the Tripp-Lite drivers?Yes

Have you configured your comm ports? I am not sure about that. How do you do that?

Have you setup SCAL4 to use the correct comm port? How do you do that?

Are you using a null modem cable? Yes

Are you getting an error of any kind? No

What exactly is happening? It just freezes my Sure Cuts Alot 4 in the print stage.

are you trying to cut or print - this is not a printer it is a plotter

wanted to make sure you was not hitting print instead of cut in the menu - been a long time since I used scalp but that is pretty universal among the programs.

@Primal Decals may be able to direct you on how to make sure that scalp is set to same port as the keyspan . . . 

also need to make sure you have a vector file you  are trying to cut as the program will not be able to cut a raster image such as a picture - trying to go back to basics on troubleshooting here

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Dakotagrafx said:

wanted to make sure you was not hitting print instead of cut in the menu - been a long time since I used scalp but that is pretty universal among the programs.

@Primal Decals may be able to direct you on how to make sure that scalp is set to same port as the keyspan . . . 

also need to make sure you have a vector file you  are trying to cut as the program will not be able to cut a raster image such as a picture - trying to go back to basics on troubleshooting here

I have never messed with a keyspan so im not really sure if the following will work the same  as i did this for a different situation,,,,So Follow the link below....This is how i had to do it for a special usb cable for programming a ham radio that had to be on a certain comm port etc... It should be the same hopefully.  Read how to  first open the device manager page  so you can see  the comm ports .then plug in the keyspan etc until you see it pop up in the comm port  list,then follow the instructions below.,Let me know what happens and ill check some things if needed ..

http://www.sealevel.com/support/article/AA-00441/0/How-to-change-asynchronous-serial-COM-port-assignments-in-Windows-Device-Manager.html

On 7/28/2017 at 1:58 PM, Karebear said:

I just bought a MH 871-MK2 today from a friend. I have Windows 10 and I am having problems getting the Driver to Download. I might be using the wrong one. Any Help. Also I want to know if there is a way you can use Sure Cuts Alot 2 on this cutter? I was told by the friend that all i needed was Sure Cuts Alot. Please help... I dont want to have to sell this Cutter because I can't use it. 

thanks

Is this a legit copy of SCALPS 2 ? or a hacked copy from back then when they got themselves in trouble? The original Scalps or Scalps2 i believe was the version that was messed with .. IF its a legit version then try going to craftedge and re-download the software here ( Just scroll down where its says

Download "Sure Cuts A Lot 1, 2 & 3" and click the link and then input your required info..You can also contact them on there website if you get no luck with the info i provided about the comm Port issue,,  Just open scalps and click help,support and tech support and fill the info and they will get back to you pretty quick.   Or If it is a legit version ,then pay the cheap upgrade fee to get the better version.The newer version is much better than the older ones by a lot.

And if SCAL doesn't work for you, you can always use Signblazer. It's what I first used and still do occasionally.

and still waiting to hear that you are trying to cut a vector and not raster

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Dakotagrafx said:

and still waiting to hear that you are trying to cut a vector and not raster

@Karebear   Here is the driver if needed for what you have listed.

When you download the file to your computer, you might have to right click on it and run it as Administrator to make sure it installs properly.

Have we even found out if the driver got installed or not ? here is the driver from uscutter for windows..

@Dakotagrafx Since i dont know much about the keyspan ,Why does she need one if it has a USB port according to uscutters website.I thought the keyspan was for the serial port? Or am i wrong on that also lol.... .or is there a difference between a MH MK2 and a MH 871 . I dont follow these cutters and i guess i should so i know if they are the same or not. I couldnt fint the MH MK2 on the cutter page. Im gonna get schooled i feel it haha..

mh_mk2_driver.exe

@Primal Decals  because the value cutters have a poor chipset in them to convert for the usb - - - the mainboard actually has in input for serial information and it has an internal chipset to convert for the usb on the side of the cutter - it is well known to cause several problems and the keyspan has shown over the past 9+ years to alleviate a lot of those problems

@MZ SKEETER is our resident keyspan expert and has helped countless people get going

• Like 1