Sign in to follow this  
restless-rooster

New to HTV, questions.

Hey everyone

You l have helped me a ton, now I have another question.

I am going to purchase some Siser Easy Weed.   How does this cut compared to regular vinyl? Do I need to cut faster, slower, heavier, lighter?  I know weeding can be a little more difficult. 

Is there anything special I need to know about?

I'm going to buy a cheap eBay heat press with hat attachment.  I am not making things to sell, just for personal use and to play with. 

What shirts and hats are good to press? What's a good source for shirts and hats??

Thanks everyone!

Siser cuts with about the same pressure as regular vinyl. It weeds really easy as the name implies although it has a sticky carrier so you have to pull it up with some force. You will be able to get much finer details with the HTV than you can with regular vinyl. Being that the carrier is a plastic type product it can develop a little more static than regular vinyl. Many of the budget cutters are sensitive to that so be prepared. When I had a budget cutter I would spray down the area around my machine with some anti-static cling spray. Seemed to help a LOT. 

Hats are challenging without the right equipment. Most of the hat presses that come as an add-on are going to be less satisfactory than you would expect and I'll leave it at that. I would find a good name brand hat press with different sizes of lower platens if I were you. They aren't cheap but there is good money in hats. 

• Like 1

Don't forget to MIRROR-MIRROR-MIRROR your graphics!!!

Nothing worse than holding up your freshly cut & weeded design and realizing it is backwards!

HTV is fun but a few more steps than regular vinyl...time intense but fun.

Sue2

• Like 3

Ha, after a couple of newbie to htv mistakes, then the mistake when switching back to cutting reg vinyl I hoped mayb this would help. Haven't cut any htv since. But I can say I like cutting htv, and just like the name. I think the siser is easy to weed. Even easier if u have cut it the right way. Lol

IMG_0880.JPG

• Like 1