Sign in to follow this  
rhunter1971

I'm in a bind Guys and gals Please Help

Not a Newb to the vinyl game but this issue is a first for me I use Roland Cut Studio for my Roland GX-24. I bought a new computer and uploaded all new software from Corel x5 and new Roland Cut Studio software. All  Cut Studio files will not import from the old setup I get a '.cst has a bad format' this has to be a software issue from Roland one computer must have a newer version of Cutstudio. Any help would be a life saver. Thanks in advance

Is there any way that you can save the older version of CutStudio to a flash drive? Or any other way.?  Then transfer it to the new computer.  Hope you didn't wipe out the older computer. 

I haven't yet and I have over 5000 files that are cut studio files. If I was to buy a new GS series cutter from Roland these files would need to be transferable.

Found this on another site.

"Strange, all versions of CST files should open, you could look at getting the full installer of the new version and then try opening the files in that version".

another answer

"i had the same problem when installing Cutstudio on a new PC. 

After scratching my head a little bit i went to the RolandDG.com website and downloaded the new update (its a biggie) and all was fixed" 

• Like 2

Skeeter I would like to thank you for taking the time to help me. Your suggestion helped me. It fixed the issue I was having. I had to update to the current version of cutstudio software. Thanks for being so kind and  I didn't  have a clue.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, rhunter1971 said:

This forum is ten times better

Yes it is.. BUT....that is where I found the answers to your problem....I didn't have a clue, just did some searching......

• Like 3