Dakes2

Lettering not cutting clean and sharp

Hi, I am having some issues with letting not cutting out clean and sharp, I have a liyu SC631E machine that cuts pretty good, its just lettering where I have problems, as you can see in the attached pictures, the Q, S  R, AND E are out of shape and not good, any help or advice please.

IMG_0619.JPG

IMG_0618.JPG

IMG_0621.JPG

Check that the blade carriage wheels are in the track properly.

Yeah, that looks like an auto trace. Letters never trace well and you're better off finding the font and recreating the wording of what ever image you're tracing.

• Like 1

Not sure if it was traced, I just copied and pasted it into vector magic then just hit the fully automatic button, I always seems to have problems with letter being out of shape, everything else I do is ok

Vector magic is a trace program, it takes a raster image and converts it to a vector image that you can then send to your cutter. So what you need to do, is take the vector created by Vector Magic, open it in a vector design program, delete the traced wording and replace it with the correct font.

• Like 2

finding the proper font and just creating it in your vector software would be the cleanest like darcshadow said - never a good idea to trace a font and a lot of traced images need a lot of cleanup no matter how magic a software claimes to be :)

• Like 1

So can anyone suggest a vector design program, I have illustrator, artcut, corel draw, and sign blazer elements, what would you suggest to be the best to use.

28 minutes ago, Dakes2 said:

So can anyone suggest a vector design program, I have illustrator, artcut, corel draw, and sign blazer elements, what would you suggest to be the best to use.

I've been using Signblazer for years for all my vinyl work. And it's free!!

Illustrator and Corel Draw are probably the biggest two on the market but both have a pretty steep learning curve. SB is pretty easy to get started with so you might want to play around with it a little learning more about vector in general then when you outgrow it move on to one of the other two.

• Like 1

I have had a go with sign blazer and all seems well so far, but the next problem is, I don't know how to cut the sign all in one go, it seems to want to cut each part separately, there are two colours red and white, I want the red lettering cut out and fixed to the sign and the white lettering I will weed out to show background colour of sign board and I need it cut out as one piece, its as if it trying to make two separate parts like you would do it you are  making a two colour sign, hope this is understandable 

I cant see any options to do this and the help files are not there

In the cut screen, select both colors to cut. (Hold control and select red and white).

What Arty said will cut both colors at the same time, but I'm having a hard time picturing exactly what you're wanting. I suspect cutting both colors at the same time is not going to produce the results you're after. Could you post a screen shot of what you're trying to do, or if you don't want to post the actual sign, maybe make up a generic version.

Ok, I have attached the sign that I'm making, the NO PARKING part will be cut out and applied to a white a4 sign board, the driveway in constant use part I will weed out and will show the white back ground colour of the board, this works in signcut perfectly, but I need to learn how to do it in sign blazer.

DRIVEWAY IN CONSTANT USE.jpg

Think everyone is looking for the vector version so they can analyze it for clean lines and no wild nodes

ok, now I understand. Yes, what arty said to do will work. A second option you can do, is punch the white through the red. This will turn the letters into paths but it also means your cut image is all one single color. I prefer doing this but it's just a personal preference. I also like to convert text to paths once the design is finalized so that if for some reason I ever loose the original font file, or go to a computer that does not have that font, the vector file will not be effected.

Also, if you still want to use signcut to do the cutting, you can export files from SB into eps format that signcut should then be able to open.