stealth

MH721 just stopped working over night

Hi all,

Ive been using my redsail mh 721 cutter yesterday and several days before without an issue. Turned it on today and laptop says 'can not open the output device. Trouble initializing cutter'. (also the red reset light is permanently on and don't think it used to be). Nothing has changed or been moved etc. Its about 5-6 years old but only been used a handful of times.

This is not the first time it has happened, in fact in the past its happened many times. I think I packed it away and months later got it out the box again and it just worked.

Ive got an urgent job needs doing so cant sit around doing nothing just waiting. Ive turned off for a while etc and nothing has changed. Will cut a test if I press the test button just stopped working from my laptop.

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance

redsail does not make the mh cutter refine does - 

the red light is normal according to this post on the same issue I found using the search box above

14 minutes ago, Dakotagrafx said:

redsail does not make the mh cutter refine does - 

the red light is normal according to this post on the same issue I found using the search box above

Sorry my mistake, my old cutter was the redsail. Shows how much I use one! I did use the search box and saw a few people say their light was on, but their cutter was still working.

actually if you read the thread I linked to the old uscutter tech that was the best at these said it should be on all the time