just wondering...... 

I ran my cutter pretty much all night the other night trying to finish a deadline.I failed , so its had a day of rest and now i just turned it to finish up. I think it sounds a lil louder than usual. never thought about it before. anyone know how long you can 1 of these budget cutters non stop? any other sc owners out there ran long periods on your machine?

if I had worked this right, I would've, could've, should've already been able to upgrade cutters.

I even tried VM tonight. still a different noise.

I've had my SC cutter running for a little over 12 hours one day on a last minute 500 piece decal order for a ducks unlimited  banquet. My cutter will change "tone" and sounds louder at times, But it has never messed with the way it cuts or runs, My SC is a little over 5 years old and still gets used weekly and cut good for what it is. I did save up a little from each job and bought a Titan 2. The servo cutter is night and day better than a stepper motor cutter. Granted, the titan 2 is no graphtec or roland, but it is a Cadillac to me, upgrading from my Sc. 

• Like 1

to me it really acted weird after being ran hard for around 8 hrs. I'm prob just paranoid since its now out of warranty. I shouldn't even mentioned that 1, that's a sore subject for seeing that was the last tin US dropped the ball for me.

where are u in NC?

run it hard and put money back for a servo cutter - took me years of upgrading every year or so but finally go to the graphtecs  - cut all those other cutters paid for the upgrades and a lot more

8 hours ago, cardudenc said:

to me it really acted weird after being ran hard for around 8 hrs. I'm prob just paranoid since its now out of warranty. I shouldn't even mentioned that 1, that's a sore subject for seeing that was the last tin US dropped the ball for me.

where are u in NC?

Wilmington

23 hours ago, cardudenc said:

so about an hr from where I'm at now. I'm from western NC

The wife and myself go to MB all the time

On 8/12/2017 at 1:48 AM, cardudenc said:

if I had worked this right, I would've, could've, should've already been able to upgrade cutters.

I even tried VM tonight. still a different noise.

I look thru craigslist quite often to see what cutters are out there. Once in a while I see a nice Roland or Graphtec 24" cutter at a really decent price. I just saw a nice Roland GX-24 for $850 over by Detroit. It looks to be in pretty decent shape. Not sure what you'll find in your area but It's worth a try.

I watch the ads too. Ive seen a lot of decent cutters. just worry about cond and lasting, kinda like a used car. wouldn't want to buy someones problems. but I'm sure there is a lot of great used cutters out there

1 minute ago, cardudenc said:

I watch the ads too. Ive seen a lot of decent cutters. just worry about cond and lasting, kinda like a used car. wouldn't want to buy someones problems. but I'm sure there is a lot of great used cutters out there

My Graphtec is  9 years old,  NEVER once have I had a problem...Bought new,  use pretty much daily,  Bought 2 Graphtec CE5000-60 for kids,   and also never a problem..  

that's why I keep an eye on the ads. lol.

I was about to buy that used mimaki., of course I knew the seller. and do really belive I can trust his word. drawback was somethings it wouldn't do. I'm still have it in the back of my mind as an extra cutter to take home. but really would like to upgrade the shop cutter to something I don't need to upgrade  later for all the things I hope to grow the shop into

22 minutes ago, cardudenc said:

that's why I keep an eye on the ads. lol.

I was about to buy that used mimaki., of course I knew the seller. and do really belive I can trust his word. drawback was somethings it wouldn't do. I'm still have it in the back of my mind as an extra cutter to take home. but really would like to upgrade the shop cutter to something I don't need to upgrade  later for all the things I hope to grow the shop into

what wouldn't the cutter do? 

OK,  but did you know that Flexistarter cutting software can turn any vinyl cutter into a contour cutting machine?  The contour cutting is in the software it's self.  Look at the top of my picture,  It has a feature called contour cutting.   No laser needed, it measures from the blade in the middle of the registration marks.

FLEXI CONTOUR CUTTER.jpg

thanx, sure didn't. just a yr old newbie. lol.  have a whole lot to learn.

that def makes his machine more interesting to me. I maybe able to pik it up for 5-700.

Flexistarter 12 is reasonably priced here.  Master Warehouse has been a distributor for years.   I have bought here years back.   Most other places want $395  for it.  You don't pay more. It is yours, lifetime license. It does not have much in design features, but imports many different file formats. 

http://www.ebay.com/itm/New-FlexiStarter-12-Cloud-Vinyl-Cutter-Plotter-Flexi-Starter-for-Sign-Letter/182372380168?_trkparms=aid%3D222007%26algo%3DSIM.MBE%26ao%3D2%26asc%3D45729%26meid%3D00c3716b2e554cbf9e5b45b1632a06bf%26pid%3D100005%26rk%3D4%26rkt%3D6%26sd%3D401386250695&_trksid=p2047675.c100005.m1851