Jburns

Some Decals from Today

I wrapped these up today.  I have had some ideas, and finally put them into reality.

I am really liking the back cut ( similar to Perf cut) function- decals just pop out the back.

IMG_2178.JPG

IMG_2177.JPG

IMG_2173.JPG

IMG_2170.JPG

• Like 4

o yea, would like more info on everything used for that job... inquiring minds wanna know...lol

• Like 1

Hi Guys,

So I use a Gerber Edge printer. The principle is thermal transfer- the ribbons are laser heated or transfered to the vinyl, then the shapes are contour cut with a plotter.   They were more popular several years ago for sign shops, until the rise of solvent inkjets ( Roland, Mimaki, etc). Pros: basically no maintenance, can sit for months, and in most cases no lamination needed. Cons: width is smaller, photo quality graphics can't be achieved, and cost of resin ribbons higher than inks- (in most cases- I buy my color ribbons used).  They are workhorses, and will provide 95% of whats required for basic decals. 

In the last three years I have owned about ten including the smaller plotters (GSx, GS15 and Envision): buying, selling, repairing, etc. They do require a RIP software ( Flexi or Gerber preferred).

Send me a PM if you have more questions. 

• Like 1