tonestar

help plotter

hi i`m new to this. can anyone help i have a lynx 1360k plotter/cutter using flexi sign when i run programme it says cutting but nothing happening with cutter.

first did you install the plotter drivers and if using usb the usb chipset driver?  if so is the file you are trying to cut in a vector format - a regular picture would be raster and un cuttable 

sorry i`m new to plotters.. usb to serial i know i`m going to sound dafy now . but what is vector format.. 

Vector is a mathematical based graphic system of using nodes and arcs
raster images like pictures are made of pixels and are not cuttable

on the usb to serial did you install the chipset driver for that and is it a known brand that works?  we usually recommend the tripplite keyspan as it has proven to work for years with no problems - cheaper ones have been very problematic 

https://pc.net/helpcenter/answers/vector_and_raster_graphics

thanks for quick reply it was a cheap usb to serial cable off ebay will order a tripplite keyspan right away. and let you know how i get on. again thanks again.

on the serial cable i am unsure if the lynx uses a regular serial cable or a null modem cable - it makes a huge difference as they are wired differently too

not sure what you ordered the keyspan doesn't come with the serial cable  

hi setup my null cable and keyspan when i click send says cutting for ages nothing happens when i cancel it says write error port

You have to make sure that the com port numbers match in your computer device manager and Flexisign  Production manager

And what version of Flexisign are you using on what computer operating system?   Search google or some other search engine for the user manual for your cutter, if you don't have one.  Search info on Flexisign software,  They also have a forum.  

• Like 1

the only thing is my plotter is lynx 1360 and all i can see in flexisign is lynx 30-s and lynx 60-s and lynx 132-s

probably that plotter wasn't invented when flexi version 1 came out - heck we was on ver 7.6 -  9 years ago . . ..

any newer flexi, vinylmaster, etc  should have the old plotters listed. I think that is a GCC that was private labeled by signwarehouse - I know their private labeled graphtecs require specific drivers as the chipset has been changed to require support thur SW.    maybe someone that has or had one of the private labeled Lynx will happen along.  we don't get a lot of questions about them on the UScutter forum being a competitor of SW

still sounds like wrong port selected in flexi production manager - @MZ SKEETER will that show keyspan in production manager when using that for the communication device??

No,  He has to select the com port number. that is in device manager

He needs to explain how he set up the Keyspan Adapter,and did the driver install correctly.?..   

I can't find that model cutter any where, that he posted.  I have Flexistarter 8.6 and it is not on mine...Thru GCC or Vinyl Express.  Not On Signblazer,  Not in Vinyl Master.

• Like 1

just checked VE-LXI Master ver. 12 and it isn't listed there either . . . 

what will he have showing in production manager for connection there?   mine of course shows graphtec usb