First off thanks for everyone's help on this forum. i really appreciate it. 

I'm looking at a repeat customer that get some decals from me every year for a show.  It has occured to me that i may be too cheap because i see some profit from it but i dont think it is much when he may be doubling his price as resale . Saying that these decals are 2 inches tall by 6 inches wide some words with a logo in the middle. say if i sell them for $1.50 each and he's selling them for $5 hes making $3.50 off the decal per one. so im wondering do i need to increase my pricing on this?

If my calculations are correct a roll of vinyl  24x50 yard is 87.48 with shipping  @.29 square ft and tape is 12 x100 yd $50.37 at .17 square ft. Am i correct on this and if so it would mean it cost me around $5.76 to make these correct at 150 decals? basically im trying to adjust my pricing accordily to the market because i dont know if anyone that would  sell a decal that cheap. unless it was a big bulk order 

Correct me if im wrong or whatnot but im looking into doing good decals and making something off of them because im trying to upgrade my equipment also. but im not sure how to go about this issue

didnt i give you a spreadsheet for putting in your cost etc that tells you what it really costs to make something just in material?

25 minutes ago, Primal Decals said:

didnt i give you a spreadsheet for putting in your cost etc that tells you what it really costs to make something just in material?

i don't think so. or was it that the vinyl calculator  i saw? i have flexi and it has a job estimator but im trying on how to set it

For typical decals in that size range, the cost of the material is basically irrelevant, just a few pennies. The real cost is in your time and what do you pay yourself per hour. Start to finish how long does it take you to produce the 150 decals ready for deliver?  Say 5 hours, at $40 per hour, that's $200, or  $1.33 per decal.

5 hours ago, darcshadow said:

For typical decals in that size range, the cost of the material is basically irrelevant, just a few pennies. The real cost is in your time and what do you pay yourself per hour. Start to finish how long does it take you to produce the 150 decals ready for deliver?  Say 5 hours, at $40 per hour, that's $200, or  $1.33 per decal.

If I have quoted correctly it was like  $6.81 for the materialsand then my time, I'm trying to get the job estimator on flexi right. But when I go to enter my time it shoots up to $700+

1502222829330-613141147.jpg

I have not used that tool, but judging from the screen I would guess you put in your hourly rate under unit cost, and then under quantity how many hours it took you for a single decal.

3 hours ago, darcshadow said:

I have not used that tool, but judging from the screen I would guess you put in your hourly rate under unit cost, and then under quantity how many hours it took you for a single decal.

It only take a 1 min or less to do so  per decal. but when you add that in there it jacks the price up to like $2k

What are you putting in for quantity on the time entry? 1 minute would be 0.016 hours.

What results do you get if you put in 40 for unit cost, and 0.016 for Quantity for Sign Preparation, Weeding, Application?