Sign in to follow this  
mhundt

Silhouette Cameo hardware/firmware

hi guys,

I hope I will find some solution for my problem here:

My Silhouette Cameo 2 suddenly stopped working. After connecting the power plug an pressing the ON button, the display will light up as usual, the logo is flashing and after a second everything shuts off.
Also the carriage is making a short homing move ~1/8in and freezes. There is a USB connection to my PC (Windows plays connection sound). 

When I push the home endstop on the carriage, the power will NOT switch off immediately and the carriage will move to the right for findig the end position (=moving right until the button is released).

This seams to me like a firmware failure. I checked the power cord and connection and its fine.

In this forum I read about resetting another graphtec device by holding the left+right button while powering on and it also works with the cameo! the display prints: 'FileOpenFailure' but nothing happens after.
I presume, there is a service mode for flashing by SD-Card but the is no documentation on these consumer devices and also nothing on the forums.

Thanks in advance!

Hello again, 

since its a consumer product which I didnt' buy from you (uscuters), I hope someone in this community is able to give me a bit of technical support.

I don't want to throw it into the waste just because there is some issue which I expect to be solvable with a bit of addional information.

Thanks!