Skip Willis

What different cutting programs will the SC series be able to cut from?

7 minutes ago, Dakotagrafx said:

wow - the way it was acting I was guessing it was traced - maybe some one else has an idea - it sure looks iike it is following hundreds of nodes - can you post the file as an eps so some of our old timers can look at it?

Me personally i think its the cutter ,but then again if the pen isnt in good working order it will jump like that, It did one time on my cutter and when i changed to a completely different pen brand (made my own) ,it was super smooth,but in this case im not sure.  Also the pen tip type could cause it as well. If it a fine pint or round roller ball type.

Curious what it does if he cuts it instead of using the pen?

8 minutes ago, Primal Decals said:

Me personally i think its the cutter ,but then again if the pen isnt in good working order it will jump like that, It did one time on my cutter and when i changed to a completely different pen brand (made my own) ,it was super smooth,but in this case im not sure.  Also the pen tip type could cause it as well. If it a fine pint or round roller ball type.

Curious what it does if he cuts it instead of using the pen?

Here's a couple of pics of a decal I did, the other day. They don't look too bad.

IMG_0204[1].JPG

IMG_0205[1].JPG

guess we need someone with a sc to jump in and comment both Primal and myself have servo cutters and it has been so long since I had a stepper that my memory may be bad - servos are way smoother 

• Like 1

We can only get we can afford -

I have used a stepper cutter once at a business i did a job for ,they just happen to have one but didnt use it ,I think it was a Mh cutter , so i wanted to see how loud it was and how it cut lol..... No thank you lol...

When i first seen the pic they look good, but then i thought i noticed something, so i saved the image and zoomed in.. To me it looks like there is some staggering cuts around the letters and straight edges( not smooth edges ) but it could be the image. If there is some staggering ,then thats the cutter quality. Like Dakotagrafx said ,servo is way way smoother.

On a servo its like using a razor blade to cut vinyl ,and for a stepper its like a serrated knife.  the two different cutters have a different type of gear system etc which makes a difference on how your cutter cuts and how they turn out and how quiet it is lol.. Like a VW next to a electric car lol.. ( im probably wrong for what they actually use for internal parts  cause ive never opened one yet,but you get the idea.)

Most of us started with a stepper cutter -I had a p-cut followed by a mh 50" and then to a couple of copams - each one paid for the upgrade to the next till I got to the graphtec - have had several of those now.  dial it in the best you can, and save some from each job to pay for the upgrades over time if you decide it is something for you

Definitely something wrong. I know the steppers are noisy but that thing sounds extra bad and may be one of the motors is messed up and moving erratic. Kind of seems like it's not stepping correctly.  I am not expert either so tech support will be your best next move. I had a P-Cut when I started out and it was noisy and had some limitations with the stepper but neither the cut in the video or the text size in your pics are out of the sweet spot that they can handle pretty good so there is definitely an issue. 

If you have time on your hands maybe load up the free trial of SignCut pro and run a cut through there to compare. I don't think it's software myself but it would be something free to try while you deal with warranty things. 

• Like 1

Thanks guys. Anyone in particular I should try to talk to at uscutter.com? I have heard that some are better than others to work with.

it is pretty much luck of the draw when you call in if you get the guy that has been there a couple of years or a couple of weeks :/

Hey guys, I took your advice and contacted support at uscutter. They asked me to  email them the video, but it's too large to send via email.  They suggested a download link or cloud option to attach the file instead of sending it as an attachment. I sent the link to this thread, but for some reason, they say they can't access the vid. What the heck should I do? I have no idea what to do as far as a "download link" and I'm not familiar with the cloud.......  lol

2 hours ago, Skip Willis said:

Hey guys, I took your advice and contacted support at uscutter. They asked me to  email them the video, but it's too large to send via email.  They suggested a download link or cloud option to attach the file instead of sending it as an attachment. I sent the link to this thread, but for some reason, they say they can't access the vid. What the heck should I do? I have no idea what to do as far as a "download link" and I'm not familiar with the cloud.......  lol

Send a link to this thread and they can watch in on their own forum. 

I did, twice. The guy said neither he, nor another fellow could see it.

Here's a quote from the email he sent back to me. I find it odd they can't access their own forum..lol

" Phillip a download link or cloud option maybe an alternative for attaching the file directly through email if it exceeds the limit. Unfortunately I am not able to access that forum information. I also had another associate attempt to access that page, and they also could not. So I am not able to evaluate what specifically you are referring to with the carriage. "

Might try just slowing it down. I don't know what the SC capabilities are, but that video seemed pretty quick to me.

On a side note, for future videos, turn your phone sideways so that the video appears correctly when viewed on a computer.