MrJoel

Speed settings don't really work

Ok guys, this has baffled me from the start of my issues.  I have timed a cut finally and these are my results, all the same design just different speeds.

600- 4minutes 32 seconds

400- 4 min 43 sec

200- 4 min 50 sec

100- after 10 min, I left, got a cup of coffee, wrestled the kids, let the dog out, went to bed, woke up and it was finally done.  What is up with that???

Your not sending a design with hundreds of nodes to be processed,, during a test cut.  

And if you would happen to add  weed lines to your design , that will also changes things.

• Like 1

No weed lines this time...

even if I do the word "TEST" in 1" letters there really is no speed difference unless I drop down to 100

Your cutter is made by Liyu,,the same as SC.and from what I have read about the SC on here by users,,,you either have Fast or SUPER SLOW.  No one is replying that has a Laser pointer.  Just my observation from reading...Maybe someone will chime in that has a Laser pointer.. .and can tell you if their cutter is the same. . 

• Like 2

I'm really confused as to how the machine doesn't control offset but does control speed on these things.  Any speed changes available in the software?

1 hour ago, MZ SKEETER said:

Your cutter is made by Liyu,,the same as SC.and from what I have read about the SC on here by users,,,you either have Fast or SUPER SLOW.  No one is replying that has a Laser pointer.  Just my observation from reading...Maybe someone will chime in that has a Laser pointer.. .and can tell you if their cutter is the same. . 

Are they running Mac too?  I'm wondering if it's something that can be traced to SCAL and mac (search sucks on my phone right now in limited reception area...)

I have no idea which OS,  I have  seen this this posted over the years from SC users. I would say more people bought SC than a Laser point.  Years back all cutters were sold with SCALP.   But SCALP had too many problems...So USCutter went to Vinyl Master for PC  but had to have an option for Mac  So there is still SCALP

• Like 3

21 hours ago, MZ SKEETER said:

I have no idea which OS,  I have  seen this this posted over the years from SC users. I would say more people bought SC than a Laser point.  Years back all cutters were sold with SCALP.   But SCALP had too many problems...So USCutter went to Vinyl Master for PC  but had to have an option for Mac  So there is still SCALP

Scalp did have a lot of problems way  back then, i will admit that ,I had the chance of using a really old version of it many months ago and it was the worst thing ever i have seen and used..It would made me use Vm if i didnt have scalps4pro lol.. But they have made great and awesome improvements and i stand behind the name now and always will... same with my cutter. Yes there is bigger better etc  lol

Is there any chance the cutter itself is the issue ? Im not wizard with those cutters or the internals of how they all work , But can something like a motor etc or a board be causing an issue?   Cause if i was to cut something at or around 400 speed i wouldnt have time to blink on my cutter lol..   Just an idea? 

3 hours ago, Primal Decals said:

Scalp did have a lot of problems way  back then, i will admit that ,I had the chance of using a really old version of it many months ago and it was the worst thing ever i have seen and used..It would made me use Vm if i didnt have scalps4pro lol.. But they have made great and awesome improvements and i stand behind the name now and always will... same with my cutter. Yes there is bigger better etc  lol

Is there any chance the cutter itself is the issue ? Im not wizard with those cutters or the internals of how they all work , But can something like a motor etc or a board be causing an issue?   Cause if i was to cut something at or around 400 speed i wouldnt have time to blink on my cutter lol..   Just an idea? 

I think it's a program issue, either on the board or something in SCAL.  Like I said, the test cuts have a reasonable difference in speeds...once I send it from SCAL I've got turtle or various speeds of race rabbit.

I did submit another ticket to uscutter...I'll see what they say...again

25 minutes ago, MrJoel said:

I did submit another ticket to uscutter...I'll see what they say...again

keep me posted bud..

9 minutes ago, Primal Decals said:

@MZ SKEETER is there another software he can try for free that is easy to setup for him to test out with ?

Yes,  I advised him yesterday to try the Free Signcut Trial.   He said he would later in the week. 

Just FYI MrJoel, I use SignCut Pro 1. There is a new version out now (2) but I have a dongle for 1 so I will stay with it. Pro1 has basically zero design abilities but is a great cutting tool and works on EITHER a mac or a pc which I think may be the only program that will run on either one without having to buy a separate version. If you don't have a dongle and are paying subscription then you have to transfer over and this is only allowed 5 times without asking for permission but with the dongle you can load the program on any number of computers and just plug in the dongle to use the program. I design on a mac and have a widows 7 pc laptop that I actually have over at the cutter station. I often set the cutter to working and then go back to my mac and keep designing other things. If you are looking at the SignCut direction know that you will also have to get into a vector design program as well. 

Being a mac user I looked long and hard at all the options out there. If I were a PC only guy I might very well switch over to VM Pro due to I like most of the features in that program. Have not used SCALP4 just an early version that was distasteful. Can't speak to the new version 4 but Primal is a fan. It's probably kosher for home/hobbyist use. If you are planning to go professional you will need to be able to produce as well as process high end professional files in the common file formats. Most common and sort of the industry standard is .ai (Adobe Illustrator). You will see a lot of files down-saved to .eps and sometimes to .svg (or even .pdf with the vectors). Having a robust program that can handle all of these may or may not be of importance to the little guy or the hobbyist so you will have to make those decisions. I try to be able to handle all the potential files that I get sent or asked to produce in a professional manner and having to ask to have a file saved to some other format is usually hard to get done from most clients who don't know the first thing. 99% of the time they send over a raster image and that's all they have. The design side of cutting can be a challenge for some. 

• Like 2

Thanks for not destroying the scalps program by the way lol..  But i will say im beyond a hobbyist now for the past 2 years.  I have done many large signs, a few back lit signs,partial wraps and multiple layer designs, Even tho i dont print, i myself feel im no longer a home/hobbyist  for the amount of jobs i have done and the money i have made legally with a license etc. Im no professional thats for sure and  I might not be doing prints or full vehicle wraps like some of the big timers on here but i am doing very well with a nice stack of businesses i do supply to now and i  also design and modify  Product Catalogs for a World Wide LED supplier after they had me do some work a few times, .

My last large  order was sent to Australia. That was a nice payday..

@Wildgoose i would like to  let you access my Computer one day when you have free time   for a live connection and let you play and or see how the program runs compared to the older older versions and see what you think... As i have told everyone once before the only thing i really dont like and the only thing i have ever bi#$# about was the text on arch feature, Its ok because i design in Ai 98% of the time its no big deal...  Everything else is smooth and simple and that is due to you helping like you have.

And im not taking what you said  in a negative way whats so ever bud lol.. You have helped me more than anyone knows when i first started,And you have never down talked me on anything ive asked or talked about etc... My hat goes off to you friend..

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Primal Decals said:

Thanks for not destroying the scalps program by the way lol..  But i will say im beyond a hobbyist now for the past 2 years.  I have done many large signs, a few back lit signs,partial wraps and multiple layer designs, Even tho i dont print, i myself feel im no longer a home/hobbyist  for the amount of jobs i have done and the money i have made legally with a license etc. Im no professional thats for sure and  I might not be doing prints or full vehicle wraps like some of the big timers on here but i am doing very well with a nice stack of businesses i do supply to now and i  also design and modify  Product Catalogs for a World Wide LED supplier after they had me do some work a few times, .

My last large  order was sent to Australia. That was a nice payday..

@Wildgoose i would like to  let you access my Computer one day when you have free time   for a live connection and let you play and or see how the program runs compared to the older older versions and see what you think... As i have told everyone once before the only thing i really dont like and the only thing i have ever bi#$# about was the text on arch feature, Its ok because i design in Ai 98% of the time its no big deal...  Everything else is smooth and simple and that is due to you helping like you have.

And im not taking what you said  in a negative way whats so ever bud lol.. You have helped me more than anyone knows when i first started,And you have never down talked me on anything ive asked or talked about etc... My hat goes off to you friend..

You're a good guy Dwayne and have and do help a lot of folks out. We NEED a SCALP guru around just like having someone capable of helping out with SignBlazer, Inkscape and so on. 

• Like 3

Thank you ,I do my best ,, I spend many hours on the phone with people from here and in live view thru my computer using teamviewer12 which is free on the web, teaching anyone who needs help with scalps who already own it, want to see how it works ,and how to use Ai with scalps for what i know thanks to you .I have also spent many many hours helping in designing as well and never asked for a dime.... @cardudenc will vouch for that, I never trash talk any program.When i see someone struggling with a software cause maybe they dont know about scalps4pro since VM came out and scalps was pushed to the side, so   i just offer a different alternative that can be purchased from craftedge and now go get it from uscutter if they choose to. I probably spend a min 5 -8 hours a night after working helping people from here privately and for free. And i know im not the only one who probably does this . :D

• Like 3

All I ask is that you please don't tell Slice and Dice that SCALP is better than SignBlazer or we will have world war three on here.......:lol:

• Like 3

I'm not exactly sure who that cardude  guy is, but ive heard he just recently learned how to power on a computer.  so that 5-8 hrs a night @Primal Decals is usually with me trying to teach me how to jyst power on the computer. lol

so back to the post here. I have an SC model cutter. I haven't timed how long it takes to cut a design in all the different speed settings. but there is a difference. when I 1st started I accidently had bumped the speed up to 500, it flew thru that design.ive never cut at that speed or higher again. I'm usually cutting at 300. I had 1 design having an issue with pulling up vinyl, I tried 200 and then 100. I noticed  a difference in each speed. I'm using scalp4, I also have the basic VM that came with my cutter. I prob haven't cut as many designs with it as I have scalps. mainly just cut txt with it. because in the beginning that's all I knew how to do. then I opened a message on here from that primal guy. now maybe I will start having time to learn how to use these programs and start designing anything I want

• Like 2