Sign in to follow this  
Sue2

100% Polyester DRY-FIT Shirts

HELP!

So, my brother's office wants logo shirts for when they are out doing "Good Deeds" or

at area fund raisers/events.  Today they sent me a box full of grey Nike 100% Polyester DRY-FIT Polos and Ladies T's...

ALSO, they have a very little bit of a stretch to them...

Do I need a special heat press vinyl for these 100% polyester shirts? 

I KNOW I told them to send cotton or cotton content shirts!!!!!

Last time I pressed a 100% poly shirt (didn't know it was poly) the black dye in the shirt bled into the bright orange vinyl and it now it is a muddy old rust color.

TIA

Sue2

Siser will work fine. I prefer the siser stretch on poly but it's not absolutely necessary. Most of the HTV I get says it's fine for 100% cotton 100% poly and blends. Nylon is the one you need to watch out for but is not very common in clothing. 

The heat re-sublimates the dye sometimes on polyester shirts, allowing it to migrate.  "Sometimes," you can limit this by dividing the pressing time in half.  Press half the time, let cool, press the other half.  This somewhat prevents the dye in the shirt from hitting temperatures to migrate.

Here is what Stahls says about it, and their product recommendations, (which I have yet to try but have intended to.) https://www.stahlstv.com/tip-tuesday-overcoming-dye-migration

• Like 1

Good point dc.  

Sue of you read the fine print on the HTV you can usually tell which ones are more resistant to die migration. You will se it most on things like dark blue shirts with white vinyl. Siser does pretty good but you will see a little here and there. One of the Stahl's I have used was really bad. I think it was the Superfilm. 

Well, hopefully they want a black imprint on the sharkskin grey shirts.......

I would think my regular Siser will work for that.  We shall see.  

Stahls Thermo-Film seems to be the choice for a white imprint though.

Thanks for the info.

Sue2