BigHE

Graphtec FC 7000-75 weirdness after reset.

I was having a "y position alarm" issue yesterday.  During the fix, I had to reset the machine (power on, while holding the down button). I am no longer getting Y position alarm. This is what's happening now.  After it cuts it the wider media generally falls out the rear of the machine.

I just saw that.  The down arrow was the method given to me by Graphtech Support yesterday.  I did the Up arrow about 10 minutes ago and nothing changed.  Still cutting the paper and letting it fall out of the back.

It should go to Nova Ram when  When you do the UP arrow.  Did you find the Service Manual. ?

I hand on the power button,  I hand on the UP arrow. Turn it on. 

7 minutes ago, MZ SKEETER said:

It should go to Nova Ram when  When you do the UP arrow.  Did you find the Service Manual. ?

I hand on the power button,  I hand on the UP arrow. Turn it on. 

Yup.  That's what I see.  I did find the manual and was able to locate sensor and components.  Thank you.  Cleaned and so far no Y position alarm.  No this...2nd video, 1 minute

I did that the first time. I tried that this time since the problem was still there.  Feels soooo close.

Yup.  Changed it.  No difference.  I gotta have something wrong in menus, but it seems like the reset would have cleared it?

Same thing, except on the cut from left to right, it stops about 2-3 inches before getting to the right edge.  So, its still attached on the right side and doesn't fall out.

Personally I do not use the Media sensor or the pinch roller sensor...I disabled both.  So If you go thru the menu to background settings and disable,  media sensor and pinch roller sensor,  what happens then?   When you disable those,  the carriage head will stay right where you put it when you turn your cutter on.  It does not travel until you send an order. 

Plus  I run my cutter from Graphtec Cutting Contoller on Condition 9 and run everything from my computer,  The only thing I change  is force and speed from my computer, but I only cut sign vinyl. 

I don't know what's going on.  Roll 2 seems to work with sensors disabled, but its cutting a 50% size.  

5 hours ago, MZ SKEETER said:

Personally I do not use the Media sensor or the pinch roller sensor...I disabled both.  So If you go thru the menu to background settings and disable,  media sensor and pinch roller sensor,  what happens then?   When you disable those,  the carriage head will stay right where you put it when you turn your cutter on.  It does not travel until you send an order. 

Plus  I run my cutter from Graphtec Cutting Contoller on Condition 9 and run everything from my computer,  The only thing I change  is force and speed from my computer, but I only cut sign vinyl. 

Are you entering the width and length of your media manually somewhere?  Or you don't need to at all? Can you do do print and cut on separate machines with your set up?

No  I don't enter width and length.  That is in my cutting software... I use Flexi software.. My sizes of the design will be smaller than the vinyl.  It will not run off the vinyl. Which software are you using?    Your media width should be set up in your cutting software.by the driver you are using..  Mine is. 

Yes, my cutter has ARMS for contour cutting.  It would print and cut if I had that type of printer...but I don't print. I only cut...

22 hours ago, MZ SKEETER said:

No  I don't enter width and length.  That is in my cutting software... I use Flexi software.. My sizes of the design will be smaller than the vinyl.  It will not run off the vinyl. Which software are you using?    Your media width should be set up in your cutting software.by the driver you are using..  Mine is. 

Yes, my cutter has ARMS for contour cutting.  It would print and cut if I had that type of printer...but I don't print. I only cut...

By the driver?  Does it matter where the carriage is when you start to cut using your method?  I have used Flexi on my XP machine which is now dead.  I'm trying SCALP 4 Pro before I buy on my Windows 7 machine now. Having a scaling issue.  Can't get VM to work with the cutter.

Did Scalp software list your exact model  Graphtec FC7000-75 for set up?

Which Flexi version did you have, and can't it be used on your Windows 7 32bit?  Most of mine can. Even older versions.  I have  Flexi designer 7.5  and 10   FlexisignPro  7.5   Flexistarter  8.5, 8.6,and 10  Put your blade where your going to start cutting at.  but I always put close to right edge of vinyl. That is where I am going to start cutting You hit origin button ., before you send a design to cut...that is where the design measures from.  But you should still be able to use the Left arrow to move your carriage head. but you cannot move right arrow,   And I always pre feed  vinyl for long cuts. . I know my design is smaller than the vinyl and won't run off.   Of course make sure there is room on the vinyl.  Scaling is in your cutting software..

If you used Flexi, in production manager  you entered Graphtec FC7000-75 as your set up.   So that set your layout screen at 30"   Flexi set your media width at 29.6" x  W x 1968" L   I don't use Scalp.  I don't know anything about it.  That is Primal Decals  area..  He uses SCALP.  

If you have problems with other software, why not use the Graphtec software that is made for your cutter.. Cutting Master or Graphtec Studio...It is FREE

MZ skeeter i contacted cratedge and they said the software would work with his cutter,I had BigHE send me the file needed to give the info to craftedge for them to look at his info and they said it would work. Something else has to be going on that is causing this scaling issue.

Using Scalp on your graphtec is the equivalent of using kerosene in your Porsche.    

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Dakotagrafx said:

Using Scalp on your graphtec is the equivalent of using kerosene in your Porsche.    

The only reason i always mention scalps is because a few people i have helped had graphtecs that tried  Vm  etc on this forum and other forums im on  went with scalps over the other software out there, To me ,it all depends on what you do with it and the how easy to use software . Just my opinion. I have Vm as well..but dont use it.

any user should check that particular softwares area in the forum to see issues with that software - - - will leave it at that.

if anyone decides that SCALP is for them USCuttter is an authorized reseller of the software and it is available on their main web site for legal copies.  while Most people I know prefer VM each user has to decide for themselves.  

Wow really ?

Why are you making that comment for ?  " authorized reseller of the software and it is available on their main web site for legal copies " are you saying craftedge.com isnt the legal place to get it from ?    Im not offering it in any means illegally , i just give the website... Cause at one point Uscutter wasnt going to offer the new Scalps4Pro. When i got my cutter ,it came with scalps 3 Pro.. and when it said it needed an update it took me to craftedge website and that when i see n that SCALPS4Pro was actually out,I contacted uscutter aand they said they were not going to offer the new Scalps because of VM coming it. So i went to the main company of it and got it .  And When i told craftedge that uscutter wasnt going to offer the new 4pro at that time ,they sent me an email with SCALPS4PRO for FREE.....

Now uscutter is carrying it which is funny .This is why i stand behind SCALPS and their software, Any minor issue i did have,they were taking care of it promptly within hours or a day.. I have no complaints on scalps at all. it works flawless and is simple to use... This right here is why i do my comments 90% privately with my OPINIONS on things, I never do this to anyone . I let people speak their mind and leave it  at that ..  Very disappointed now in this forum. @cardudenc

• Like 1

Well until he tries a different software,  the problem is 50/50..in my opinion...Scaling is usually soft ware.  

2 minutes ago, MZ SKEETER said:

Well until he tries a different software,  the problem is 50/50..in my opinion...Scaling is usually soft ware.  

I wasnt sure .. I have never had that issue with scalps but just checked the software . In Scalps He needs to click on Cutter, then cutter settings and see what his numbers say ..Mine are X and Y at 1.000. Jog distance   Normal  is .05  and fast is .30  ... not sure if they would be different cause the cutter...

My Flexi has resolution which is steps in an inch, That can be changed. as well as scaling % in the software.