Sign in to follow this  
BigHE

FC 7000 Y position alarm. Did research just need some clarification.

Hello.  I was using my FC 7000-75  last night with no issues what so ever.   This morning I went to use it and got a Y position alarm.  I turned off the machine and it comes right back after I hit Roll 1 Rear,  disengage media lock and hit enter.   If I disable pinch sensor via control panel, I do not get the error, but it does not know media width.  

I read on another post that the problem is most likely a misaligned sensor, a dirty sensor or bent (sensor) tab/plate under the cover.  I am guessing under the carriage cover.  I am trying to find out the location of the sensor and tab/plate on the carriage.  I don't really know what I'm looking for.

This is the link to the post that I found:  Thanks

Several reasons from what I am reading

I just got a fc7000 in from UPS and it was beat so bad every plastic external part was broken and the roller rod was bent. After removing the broken parts and doing a light screw, cable and obstruction check I powered it up to get the same YPOSITION error. I tried to blow the sensor that goes over the pinch roller to no avail. I ended up taking the top metal cover off and found the cutter head ribbon was disconnected from the rough handling. I reconnected it and now it works. Hope this helps anyone.

Different reason. 

Is this a FC7000 or a FC7000MK2? The FC7000 series had an issue with the Y-Pulley that connects the motor to the while belt that drives the carriage. If this is the case you can open the right hand side cover of the unit and locate the motor in the top front corner of the cutter. If you hold the motor so that it can't move you shouldn't be able to move the carriage either. If the carriage moves then you need to have the pulley and the Pen Board replaced.

Another reason

Thank you for your response. I was able to get it cut. I played with the rollers, I moved them back and forth a few times and into different positions. Now I don't want to jinx it but I am hoping that it has reset itself. Thank you again 

You can get into the service menu and SENSOR TEST  by holding down the TEST button  and the ENTER button for a couple seconds

7.3.6 How to Enter the Adjustment Menu (1) Turn on the power while pressing the TEST and ENTER keys. Or After turning on the power, press the TEST key and the ENTER key simultaneously within 2 seconds. (2) Load a sheet of paper in the plotter. (3) The plotter displays the menu shown below. CONDITION 1 12 20 READY 4 PEN (4) Press the MENU key to display the menu shown below. SENSOR TEST KEY TEST

• Like 1