BOOP321

VinylMaster Cut - Not Responding / Freezing / Hanging Up

Up until last night my VinylMaster Cut was operating properly. But you would have thought I was working it hard and asking for the moon. It kept freezing and not responding. My PC required some updates a couple days ago and I was still operating fine. Hadn't turned it off since the updates. But now I can't do anything. I've shut it completely down and still freezing and hanging up and not responding. This PC was purchased specifically for my US Cutter machine. I don't use it for anything else. Any thoughts or ideas on what I can do to fix? Also, are there software updates for VinylMaster Cut? I Googled about it but wasn't finding much.

TIA :)

I had that same problem with VM, I now use scalps4 and never have that issue. about the only time I use it now is for something I cut in it b4 I got the other program

• Like 1

I swear this program is temperamental. I turn it on this morning and it is working. The one file I was working on last night is a loss. Nothing but a black area when you open it and it was only text.  Had a hiccup earlier this afternoon. Shut it down. MORE Windows updates. Just plain silly. Knock on wood seems to be going ok now. Currently cutting.

Windows 10 I do believe. I'm so not hip to PC anymore I've become a Mac snob. Can't handle the PC and all it's goofy updates.

• Like 1

I use the same version of windows. and that same stuff kept happening to me. wasn't sure if my comp had a bug , or if it was something with VM. so i switched. i kept having the window pop up saying something was wrong, continue app or close. got tired of losing something i had time in because of it.

but i do believe i have picked something up lately , cause i don't know y it is typing in this font now. but i switched to scalps about a yr ago. my buddy on here recommended it  @Primal Decals

• Like 1

Like I said this PC is strictly for cutting vinyl since the VMC software was not compatible or is it the machine with Mac. I only go to FB on it for the most part or gmail. So I couldn't have picked up a bug. But still knock on wood I'm still cutting. :)

20 hours ago, VinylMaster said:

The first thing to do is re-run the installation and uncheck Install Thumbnail Previewer in the last Setup window:

reregister.png.c2031cf2eb56f8475a5908c039cb2be2.png

Also there are many other possible issues with the most common explained here:

The Software is not functioning properly?

How do you re-run the installation? That kind of freaks me out. I'd hate to screw things up.

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoticons maximum are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.