BOOP321

VinylMaster Cut - Not Responding / Freezing / Hanging Up

Up until last night my VinylMaster Cut was operating properly. But you would have thought I was working it hard and asking for the moon. It kept freezing and not responding. My PC required some updates a couple days ago and I was still operating fine. Hadn't turned it off since the updates. But now I can't do anything. I've shut it completely down and still freezing and hanging up and not responding. This PC was purchased specifically for my US Cutter machine. I don't use it for anything else. Any thoughts or ideas on what I can do to fix? Also, are there software updates for VinylMaster Cut? I Googled about it but wasn't finding much.

TIA :)

I had that same problem with VM, I now use scalps4 and never have that issue. about the only time I use it now is for something I cut in it b4 I got the other program

• Like 1

I swear this program is temperamental. I turn it on this morning and it is working. The one file I was working on last night is a loss. Nothing but a black area when you open it and it was only text.  Had a hiccup earlier this afternoon. Shut it down. MORE Windows updates. Just plain silly. Knock on wood seems to be going ok now. Currently cutting.

Windows 10 I do believe. I'm so not hip to PC anymore I've become a Mac snob. Can't handle the PC and all it's goofy updates.

• Like 1

I use the same version of windows. and that same stuff kept happening to me. wasn't sure if my comp had a bug , or if it was something with VM. so i switched. i kept having the window pop up saying something was wrong, continue app or close. got tired of losing something i had time in because of it.

but i do believe i have picked something up lately , cause i don't know y it is typing in this font now. but i switched to scalps about a yr ago. my buddy on here recommended it  @Primal Decals

• Like 1

Like I said this PC is strictly for cutting vinyl since the VMC software was not compatible or is it the machine with Mac. I only go to FB on it for the most part or gmail. So I couldn't have picked up a bug. But still knock on wood I'm still cutting. :)

20 hours ago, VinylMaster said:

The first thing to do is re-run the installation and uncheck Install Thumbnail Previewer in the last Setup window:

reregister.png.c2031cf2eb56f8475a5908c039cb2be2.png

Also there are many other possible issues with the most common explained here:

The Software is not functioning properly?

How do you re-run the installation? That kind of freaks me out. I'd hate to screw things up.

Guest RetiredADAmakerinFl

Clear your print spooler, normally the "not responding" message and the inevitable crash of the print spooler results from something being stuck in there.  It's been the fic to most freezes since Windows 98.   It just fixed mine.   Windows 10 directions from their site:

Clear the Print Queue.

• Open the Services window (Windows key + R, type services.msc, press enter).
    • Select Print Spooler and click the Stop icon, if it is not stopped already.
    • Navigate to C:\Windows\system32\spool\PRINTERS and open this file. You may need to show hidden files or enter an administrator's password.
    • Delete all contents inside the folder. Do not delete the PRINTERS folder itself. Note that this will remove all current print jobs, so make sure no one on your network is using the printer.
    • Return to the Services window, select Print Spooler, and click Start.

Guest misty

hello all my cords are connected my system was working fine a nd today when i submit a file to cut, i hit the offline buton to start cutting and the computer screen says its cutting but my cutter doesnt do anything

If you take the cutter offline, it's doing what it's supposed to be doing, which is nothing. Taking the cutter offline tells the machine that you're going to fiddle with the settings.

If you want to cut, the cutter should be online when you send the file, and the file should start cutting.

• Like 1

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.