Sign in to follow this  
Helene Beck

Please help

So I do not know how to take an image..any image from anywhere else and vectorize it into my program is this simple can someone help me without it being a huge problem or is it super complicated 

You need to tell us what cutting software you are using.  You may want to move your question or repost in that forum.

I will add that while not "super complicated", there is a learning curve and (for me) a lot of practice to get the basics down.

And, youtube! Check youtube for tutorials also.

Cal

• Like 1

It can be a bit daunting at first but once you wrap your head around it things suddenly seem much simpler. If you stick with it you will someday find yourself looking back wondering why it seemed so hard. I agree with clhyer that it will help us help you if we know what software you have and possibly what version. For instance if you have Sure Cuts a Lot (known as SCALP) there are several versions or levels out there. Same with Vinyl Master. 

While you learn the basics you can often find or buy prebuilt vector files. Many of the freebies need some love and attention to be "cut ready" but a reputable vector artist should be able to give you something ready to go if they have any knowledge of vinyl cutters at all. There are several on the forum willing to vectorize for very reasonable prices and pretty much ALL of us on here are willing to chime in and help you learn to be self sufficient. 

• Like 1