Sign in to follow this  
BigHE

Cutter USB Detection Issues With Vinyl Master

Hello. Sooooo, my pc detects my cutter (Mimaki cg 130fx), but Vinyl Master does not. 

At first I tried parallel cable to usb adapters, because the guy I got it from said that's how he was using it. I'm starting to doubt that. My research suggests that is not likely.

There is an issue with the USB port that needs to be addressed, but I should be able to use Vinyl Mater . I explain and show the issue here. Thanks for looking.

https://youtu.be/6nCkfB573Hc

Guest Future Support

If you install the Mimaki windows printer driver (from mimaki's website downloads), then select "Windows Port" as the connection type, select either the cg port that will be added after you install the mimaki windows printer, or select "PRN" and configure it to the mimaki printer (make sure it is set to the cg port on the printer), you should be able to cut without a problem.

7 hours ago, Guest Future Support said:

If you install the Mimaki windows printer driver (from mimaki's website downloads), then select "Windows Port" as the connection type, select either the cg port that will be added after you install the mimaki windows printer, or select "PRN" and configure it to the mimaki printer (make sure it is set to the cg port on the printer), you should be able to cut without a problem.

Is that using the USB or parallel cable?

Just got a Mimaki Cg-130FX from an auction. The following solution worked for me with VinylMaster Cut using a standard USB plug.

Install Cutter via Vinyl Spooler,  Configure Port Type to "Windows Port" and i used "COM 4"

This is the same settings i use for an older SeikiTech cutter with no issues as well. 

Good Luck to anyone who is stumped and is searching for a solution.

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this