Sign in to follow this  
BigHE

Hello from Northern VA - New to Cutting

Just wanted to say "Hello". I'm Jay.  I am new to cutting.  This site was recommended by @primaldecals.  I have a Silhouette (the original, I believe) and a Mimaki CG 130FX.  I am a photographer looking to learn more about transferring my images to vinyl for wall art primarily maybe some apparel eventually. I have never used the Mimaki.  I am currently looking for compatible cutting software.  Looked in to Sure Cuts A lot 4 Pro and my cutter is not listed as compatible.  Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.  I do have the Adobe CC Suite.  Thanks Jay    

Photo's to cut files means raster to vector.  Maybe you are already up to speed here, but if not, that is your first concept to master, raster vs vector.  You will likely be relying on Illustrator as opposed to Photoshop, as it is Adobe's go to vector software.

As to compatibility, Signcut pro has a trial, you can test to see if it works.  Many people here swear by VinylMaster.  The Flexi family of software has a great range of compatibility, but some don't like the pricing.

• Like 1

Thank you.  I'll have to give it a shot.  Tried Vinyl Master Demo and had issues.