BONESHOCKA

Not asking for a freebie but im a noob

Hi guys i cant seem to figure out what this 2 fonts are and i am a total noob, i barely have 2 days with the vinylmaster so i figured that maybe if i take a pic and vectorize i could make a logo, well i tried but when i zoom into the all the letter outlines they are super wavy, crooked, sonis there a way to make the outline to cut it straight and smooth? I will attach some pics so you know what im talking about, thanks

IMG_6875.PNG

IMG_6878.JPG

IMG_6879.JPG

Yes, that is normal for some scans.  That is why you ALWAYS try to find the font before creating a vector of text.

Lots of "clean-up" needed on text scans.

Sue2

Here is your file with the Beyond the Mountains font laid over it....no node editing has been done.

It's very close but would need some manipulating to match the original.

And yes, the Mopar Logo is available in vector on "Brands of the World" website. 

You will have to learn how to manipulate and node edit your text & graphics or you won't get very far in vinyl cutting.

Sue2

South-Tx_Step-1.jpg

28 minutes ago, Sue2 said:

Here is your file with the Beyond the Mountains font laid over it....no node editing has been done.

It's very close but would need some manipulating to match the original.

And yes, the Mopar Logo is available in vector on "Brands of the World" website. 

You will have to learn how to manipulate and node edit your text & graphics or you won't get very far in vinyl cutting.

Sue2

South-Tx_Step-1.jpg

Any tips on how to seperate those capital letters and stretch them to look similar? I cant seem to find anything on YouTube 

I think i got it, thanks a ton Sue, now i just need to figure out how to do it in 2 different colors, i want a white outline on the decal..i thought it would be similar to photoshop also dont mind the M but what is the font on the OPARS font only?

IMG_6880.JPG

If you are trying to cut, ditch the PS. You need to understand Vector vs. Raster. Break the text apart, convert to curves, convert to outlines, what ever it maybe in your software, and then grab those nodes to do some manipulating of the nodes.. It take patience and practice

As close as I can come for OPARS is Trivial Heavy. That may not be perfect but awfully close. 

• Like 1