I am trying to get started using my machine but it keeps going above my set temperature. I tried calibrating it but the temperature gets so high that it flips my breaker. Is this normal for the temperature to rise to 600,700 degrees while calibrating? Also, it reads 70 degrees as soon as I turn it on. How can I be sure it has gone into calibration mode? 

So if you just turn it on and let it warm up it just keeps heating until it blows a breaker? Or does it do this when you try to calibrate it? I have not owned that press so I only know what I can read in the owners manual and a general knowledge of heat presses. If it will heat up without a problem normally then I would grab an infra-red thermometer and check the temperature when it is where you want it. If it needs some adjusting then I guess you'll have to start messing with it. My first press was a budget machine and was way the heck off. I never was able to calibrate it (not even sure if it were possible on that model). I ended up just figuring out what each temperature needed to be and taping a cheat sheet on the side of the control box so I knew that 278 was actually 305 etc... Just to be fair, my $2000 fusion was 40 degrees hot and cooking things when I got it. I was surprised that a high end machine would be off but it's quite common.  

Yes, even if I don't try to calibrate it, it keeps heating up past the set temperature. It only flipped the breaker once when I tried to calibrate it the first time. I haven't let it get that high again without shutting it off. It set my smoke alarm off so I was a little worried to let it keep heating up and of course it's a weekend without customer service! Is it normal for it to heat up that high during calibration? 

Sounds like the temperature limiter or whatever it's probably called is not regulating properly. Warranty time. They may send you a part or have some guru advice to help get you going. Always sucks to break on a weekend.