Primal Decals

T-shirt transfer paper question

If i was to use my cutter to contour cut an image  using jpss etc  ,do i need to use a carrier sheet etc in order for it to cut correctly .I seen someone ask about this somewhere else and there was no answer given and then it made me curious as well since i just got my printer and my jpss paper. I dont want to screw things up if i tried the contour feature on my cutter. Thank you everyone.

No but it's pretty light film. I see a video of someone doing that online. Have never bothered with it with JPSS. I just cut around the image with an x-acto blade in about 15 seconds and press it. I leave about 1/16 to 1/8 inch around the edges and try to avoid straight lines in open areas. Not worth the set up time to contour although if you were doing 50 maybe it would. Maybe. I can cut them as fast as the printer can print them so I think it a waste of time. 

• Like 1

Wasnt sure if or where to post this at .. But i have a color calibrated monitor and also color calibrated both my printers ,When i do a test print on regular paper the image comes out perfect,When i print on a Jpss its lighter, What do i need to do to fix this? Im printing this out of My Ai cc  selecting my printer profile..  Do i need to make changes in Ai for output or something in the settings ?

I would guess its the ink.  Sometimes ink color shifts when pressed.  You have to check the color calibration to the pressed item and not the printed item.  Often it's a shift in the yellows.  If its blacks tinged green, it might be some clogging issue.  Some go to inks like Cobra ink trying to avoid the color shift but I haven't tried them.  Sometimes, if you know which direction the color shift is going, you can compensate the colors in your image or even use a different ICC profile.

What ink are you using?

• Like 1

@dcbevins Brand new printer.....I have not pressed yet, This was just a print test and i noticed the color difference and i stopped before going any farther.... Im using the Epson DuraBrite pigment inks.I plan on getting cobra inks carts or the cis system since i want to print more of my photos as well. I really like the quality in the gloss photos wow..

It will darken when pressed. Some colors can still be a bit tricky like navy blue. If you have issues take a sacrificial shirt and make a color test with strips of a bunch of different values and see how they turn out after the heat gets to them. You are going to want to do some color testing before going right into production. If you buy ink refills from Cobra they will send you a link to some color profiles that work really good. 

• Like 1

I did a test print and press of tweety bird on an old pillow case, The colors did pop out after pressing ... Phew lol...   Thank you Wildgoose

Now what happens when i want to do a design like on a pink or light colored shirt besides white and the image has white in it that i need? will the White be the color of  the shirt with jpss or do i need to print with 3g paper?  Or is there a work around to get the white as needed?  Thank you very much.,i think im just about done with questions .

No white. You can switch over to 3G or some other style for dark cloth. It is a piece of vinyl that you actually print regular not mirrored and then press it on. You will figure out why I don't like the stuff once you do one. Feels like crap on the shirt. For light colors like pink and such as you mentioned with JPSS you just have to use darker colors. Also will show the clear polymer coating on those shirts so some design efforts have to go into making them look good. 

• Like 1