Stuff4Toys

MH-871 Quit Working???

Been using our MH871 with SignBlazer for years.  A few months ago, I took the free upgrade to Windows 10 and the old installation of SignBlazer I had stopped functioning.  Un-installed it and installed the Version 6.0 Basic, worked setup Roland PNC1000 and Blazer COM3 - USB Serial Port and cut a few stickers, worked great and no more registration request every time I opened it.

Put the cutter away for a few months and got the bug to cut some more stickers.  Now it goes through the process, the progress bar works, but cutter is not moving.

Turned cutter off and moved the head, no jamb, tried it from another computer and the same results.  Unplug the cable and Windows gives the device disconnected sound, plug in and ding ding, but still not working.

Attached an image showing settings, any and all help will be appreciated.

Cutter.png

Cutter 2.png

See what comm port the plotter is on in device manager. If it changed you will have to change your settings in SignBlazer.

Been using our MH871 with SignBlazer for years.  A few months ago, I took the free upgrade to Windows 10 and the old installation of SignBlazer I had stopped functioning.  Un-installed it and installed the Version 6.0 Basic, worked setup Roland PNC1000 and Blazer COM3 - USB Serial Port and cut a few stickers, worked great and no more registration request every time I opened it.

Put the cutter away for a few months and got the bug to cut some more stickers.  Now it goes through the process, the progress bar works, but cutter is not moving.

Turned cutter off and moved the head, no jamb, tried it from another computer and the same results.  Unplug the cable and Windows gives the device disconnected sound, plug in and ding ding, but still not working.

Attached an image showing settings, any and all help will be appreciated.

597a7a13cbd39_Cutter2.thumb.png.8d3bbb154b8ddf52fe3109b6b99c5b9d.pngCutter.thumb.png.f87393b04c553e5f4a0c4c2957df256c.png

Notice that when I unplug the cutter from the computer the port disappears, plug it in and the port comes back.

Notice that when I unplug the cutter from the computer the port disappears, plug it in and the port comes back.

did you install the drivers for the usb chipset along with the plotter drivers?

FTDI driver http://www.uscuttersupport.com/downloads/Drivers/cdm20828_setup_windows.exe

or try this

http://www.uscutter.com/static/exe/mh_mk2_driver.exe

I do recall a notice on the old Support page saying "The Baud Rate in the cutter settings needs to be changed from 9600 to 4800."

(Within the Comm Settings)

• Like 1