Sign in to follow this  
jonesy808

Graphtec CE6000 - Extra cut lines Mystery - Need HELP!

Hi there.  Desperately seeking help with this issue.  I'm using a 60 degree blade, trying to cut FDC mirror vinyl.  Having the following issue:  Extra cut lines are appearing inside my test-cut triangles.  Yesterday, the blade was dragging across the vinyl as the carriage returned to its origin.  I've adjusted the blade height several times, and have finally gotten rid of the drag.  The extra cut lines remain.  Waiting for a call from Graphtec, but who knows when that will happen. Picture attached.  Any help is appreciated.  Thanks much.

Here are my settings:

1.  TOOL: CB09U
     OFFSET:  3
     SPEED:  10
     ACCELERATION:  2
     CUT FORCE:  13
2.  DISTANCE ADJUSTMENT:  OFF
3.  TOOL SETTING
     STEP PASS:  1
     OFFSET FORCE:  4
     OFFSET ANGLE:  30
4.  WHEN TOOL IS UP
     SPEED: 10
5. ADVANCED
     STEP SIZE:  0.100 mm

DSCN2997.JPG

I agree with Dakota...

also that  little "j" is the blade setting it's orientation before cutting the design.

mine sets that "j" outside the design before it starts- just to the right outside the origin. I don't have your manual- specifics may be in there 

3 years later.... i found this topic. so i'll reply with how i fixed it. (Adobe Illustrator CC2015 and CM3 on a CE6000-60 cutting on oracal 651)

I was cutting tiles when i noticed the "J" cut was repeated. instead of having the cutter REPEAT the tile. i created a file in illustrator the same width as my vinyl, and repeated the tile in there. simple copy & paste, then alignment to adjust spacing.

then i did a test print of the first row looking to see where the first cut started. sure enough, the first tile had the "J" cut, but the remaining (which is repeated in the file, NOT by the cutter) didnt have any "J" cuts. so i stopped the job, added a simple cut BEFORE the first tile. problem solved!

so if you have something you want repeated and cut... repeat the object in a file instead of relying on the cutter to always align the cutter since the repeating is done in CM3. hope this explanation helps.

8 hours ago, Hebiki said:

3 years later.... i found this topic. so i'll reply with how i fixed it. (Adobe Illustrator CC2015 and CM3 on a CE6000-60 cutting on oracal 651)

I was cutting tiles when i noticed the "J" cut was repeated. instead of having the cutter REPEAT the tile. i created a file in illustrator the same width as my vinyl, and repeated the tile in there. simple copy & paste, then alignment to adjust spacing.

then i did a test print of the first row looking to see where the first cut started. sure enough, the first tile had the "J" cut, but the remaining (which is repeated in the file, NOT by the cutter) didnt have any "J" cuts. so i stopped the job, added a simple cut BEFORE the first tile. problem solved!

so if you have something you want repeated and cut... repeat the object in a file instead of relying on the cutter to always align the cutter since the repeating is done in CM3. hope this explanation helps.

Very easy to fix that.  Go into your cutter menu.  Mine is in background settings on my FC.    Go to: Initial Blade Control Position> Put it on the> OUTSIDE> Enter.   That will put the "J" on the outside of the design.

• Like 1