Shannon Snow

VERY FRUSTRATED MH 871-MK2

I have spent three days working on my computer trying to connect the USCutter, NO SUCH LUCK! I have two computers tried them both b/c one is windows 8 the other 10. The issue I ran into is connection related. Computer #1 (windows 10) will not read the uscutter with either USB or COM connection Computer #2 Will read the adapter that I had to buy but will not read anything else! I have watched every youtube video and googled the issue as well as look on the forum....NOTHING IS WORKING! 

so you went thru the support page on usc?   and downloaded the drivers for the chipset that allows the cutter to communicate with your computer (it will now show up as a mh cutter it will show the chipset that coverts the motherboard serial commands to the usb port on the side of the cutter)     - - - if you bought an adapter was the the keyspan we have mentioned hundreds of times on the forum that is proven to work or a cheap knock off that probably has similar flaky chipset as the cutter has internally??

know if you installed the chipset driver from uscutter will be the first question

knowing what kind of "adapter" you purchased will be the second so our volunteers on the forum can offer some advice

Does computer 1 have an actual serial port? And if so are you using a straight cable or a null modem cable? I don't remember for sure which the MH uses, I believe it uses a null modem cable.