Alex2017

Table titan diy wood stand

Hello guys i dont know if im the only one that need it a stand for the 15 inch titan.

Here is what i created for under $20 home depot materials

I now is not perfect, made my life easier and i just want it to share it in case you guys wants to do something like that

20170721_151725.jpg

20170721_151738.jpg

20170721_151751.jpg

20170721_151804.jpg

20170720_092529.jpg

20170720_092601.jpg

• Like 3

I love the  design  - the only thing I wonder about is how static will dissipate from the vinyl - like the metal stands to metal rollers do - - - - when you read static problems with the mh that is usually the culprit  - not sure on the titan though

On ‎7‎/‎21‎/‎2017 at 5:40 PM, Dakotagrafx said:

I love the  design  - the only thing I wonder about is how static will dissipate from the vinyl - like the metal stands to metal rollers do - - - - when you read static problems with the mh that is usually the culprit  - not sure on the titan though

@Primal Decals  we was just talking about this the other week. would it be worse or better for the static issue. anyone tried it have any input on the static issue? I definitely like the vinyl rack built in. I have been planning on adding a catch basket and maybe a rack like whats on a graphtec

@cardudenc yep i remember. I really dont know if it would help or not.I had my own theory but im no static expert lol. To me it would eliminate some static since there is less static carrying material that would be near the floor.. But what do i know lol..

Looks great- for grounding I have ran automotive 12 or 14 gauge wire with the little connectors that are crimped- hard to explain without an image.. but you remove a lower screw on the cutter, sand thru paint- place connector attached to wire - the re-insert screw. 

Other end of wire goes to grounding source.  I have been using these - it's an aquarium grounding probe- connected to your outlet. The prongs are plastic that go in the outlet

Titanium-Ground-Probe-99.jpg

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, Jburns said:

Looks great- for grounding I have ran automotive 12 or 14 gauge wire with the little connectors that are crimped- hard to explain without an image.. but you remove a lower screw on the cutter, sand thru paint- place connector attached to wire - the re-insert screw. 

Other end of wire goes to grounding source.  I have been using these - it's an aquarium grounding probe- connected to your outlet. The prongs are plastic that go in the outlet

Actually the cutter itself is grounded thru the 3 way plug on it and that goes to the same place you attached to - but the problem is when vinyl rolling and rubbing builds static and with no metal contact for that the only place to discharge, when a charge gets large enough, is to arc thru the carriage - frying electronics.  we haven't seen it much with the titan that most times comes with a metal stand and metal rollers but see it a lot with the MH and SC cutters

• Like 1

USCutter sells a ground strap that hangs from the cutter and lays on the vinyl that would work for you here. You could also just make one, it's nothing more than a wire and some magnets to hold it in place.

The key is to ground the vinyl, doesn't really matter if the stand is grounded or not, but with a metal stand it's easiest to ground the stand which then in turn grounds the vinyl that is sitting on it.

• Like 2

I think I would have extended the legs a little farther for more stability, other wise looks very good!

• Like 1

On 7/26/2017 at 0:07 PM, 30-284 said:

I think I would have extended the legs a little farther for more stability, other wise looks very good!

I fully agree, I would be worried of it tipping over with that small spread legs sticking out..  All it would take is 1 fall and you will be buying a new cutter lol.