Sign in to follow this  
Chuck Birchfield

MK-871 feed issues

I thought I had posted about this earlier, but I can't find the post so here it goes again. I have been having a small issue with the vinyl feed. it will roll forward no problem, but when it rolls back as it's cutting the vinyl will bind up under the pinch rollers like it's feeding crooked. It started out binding on the left pinch roller, now it's binding on the right. If I release the roller it feeds properly and doesn't bind. I have checked the rollers for dirt and dust and haven't found anything. anyone else have this issue?

here is your other post - 

9 times out of 10 it is either the pressure roller not being over the grit roller or even more common is too much blade exposure

13 minutes ago, Dakotagrafx said:

here is your other post - 

9 times out of 10 it is either the pressure roller not being over the grit roller or even more common is too much blade exposure

Guess  did post it haha... Actually, the too much blade exposure makes sense. I cut a pretty detailed pattern out, too much much small stuff and packed waste around the blade, so I took it out and cleaned it up. I'll try adjusting again. What threw me off was originally it was binding on the left, now it's binding on the right

too many people don't follow skeeters tips on setting the blade depth .. . . 

18 hours ago, Dakotagrafx said:

too many people don't follow skeeters tips on setting the blade depth .. . . 

Not sure I've seen SkIeeters tips on blade depth, but I will look. I'm a real noob here... Haven't had too much trouble, but it's good to know there are people here who are willing to offer help and advice.

Thanks a bunch!

44 minutes ago, Chuck Birchfield said:

Not sure I've seen SkIeeters tips on blade depth, but I will look. I'm a real noob here... Haven't had too much trouble, but it's good to know there are people here who are willing to offer help and advice.

Thanks a bunch!

This is pinned in instructional contributions 

From Mz. skeeter and the method used most for accurate blade depth

To start with, you should set your blade depth correctly, by taking the blade holder out of the machine, and firmly cut across a piece of scrap vinyl, you will be cutting. You should only be cutting the vinyl and barely a mark on wax paper backing, Adjust blade to get there, Then put the blade holder back in machine, and use the force of the machine to get there, same results, only cutting the vinyl and barely a mark in wax paper backing.

And I will add to that, you should just barely see or feel the blade tip out of the blade holder.   

• Like 1