Primal Decals

Warranty replacement on my Home printer,Please read

I am getting a free  $200 warranty card from Office depot because of a recent update done to my printer ( HP officejet  Pro 8630 Dual tray with Pigment inks ) that prevented a set of cartridges i bought last year when i first bought my printer to not work, But all my other newer cartridges work i just bought lol..Weird  i know ......   The printer works perfect with amazing color ec But i contacted the warranty dept and they are just having me return the inks that are the issue instead returning the printer,  So i get to keep my printer and use it  and go get another one lol.....  So my question is what printer in your opinion should i get from them? I was looking at the epson ET-4550 with Eco-solvent ink tanks , But i have mixed thought on the reviews from the website. Some people have had no issues and love the printer and a few have had issues,This could be just user error also.... Im trying to get a printer for printing transfers for tshirts if im able to find one that is the proper one.... I can use this card for anything if i want ,but the epson comes with the ink to fill it for 2 years of printing ,Like 8500 pages of color and 11,000 black. An estimate of course but thats a lot of ink lol..   Or do you have a better suggestion for me on something from them?   Laser?     Thank You for your time.

here is the link http://www.officedepot.com/a/products/222692/Epson-WorkForce-ET-4550-EcoTank-Supertank/

That's the 1 I mentioned to you the other week when I ordered the smaller Epson for now. after you teach me how to use it , I will upgrade. lol

Best Buy is having a Black fri in july sale this weekend. May have a deal on printers????  or do you have to use the $ at office depot?

Office depot print out gift card only unfortunately ,Unless someone wants to buy it off me lol ..Maybe i will check best buy anyway and then just use the card for ink etc lol..hmmm

On 7/19/2017 at 3:55 PM, Primal Decals said:

I am getting a free  $200 warranty card from Office depot because of a recent update done to my printer ( HP officejet  Pro 8630 Dual tray with Pigment inks ) that prevented a set of cartridges i bought last year when i first bought my printer to not work, But all my other newer cartridges work i just bought lol..Weird  i know ......   The printer works perfect with amazing color ec But i contacted the warranty dept and they are just having me return the inks that are the issue instead returning the printer,  So i get to keep my printer and use it  and go get another one lol.....  So my question is what printer in your opinion should i get from them? I was looking at the epson ET-4550 with Eco-solvent ink tanks , But i have mixed thought on the reviews from the website. Some people have had no issues and love the printer and a few have had issues,This could be just user error also.... Im trying to get a printer for printing transfers for tshirts if im able to find one that is the proper one.... I can use this card for anything if i want ,but the epson comes with the ink to fill it for 2 years of printing ,Like 8500 pages of color and 11,000 black. An estimate of course but thats a lot of ink lol..   Or do you have a better suggestion for me on something from them?   Laser?     Thank You for your time.

here is the link http://www.officedepot.com/a/products/222692/Epson-WorkForce-ET-4550-EcoTank-Supertank/

Where do you see that it prints using Eco-solvent ink?    

The way I'm reading it uses Eco-tanks meaning that it's "eco"nomical for printing because it prints so mean pages from it's tanks of ink.  

Just making sure you're not confused about what you're buying. 

• Like 1

Sooooo  . I talked to the online Highly knowledgeable  tech people at office depot again 2 different times with different people to see what each would say . lol.. oh boy ..  I told them i was looking for an eco-solvent printer and they said i could just change the ink in the printer i wanted to get and have no issues lol.... And i told them i wanted a printer that would print larger than 8.5x11 which meant like a 13x17 etc lol.. Well they both offered a 8.5x 14 lol....  or a 8.5x41" wth lol....    I wish i could use  the gift card  somewhere else. but im stuck with them....

Was trying to find something for printing for shirts . I know i want the largest but my options are kinda slim

So do i bite the bullet and get a

1.     7610 work force that does 13" x 19" 

2. Epson® WorkForce® ET-4550 super tank system that does 8.5x41"

3. other options? lol

Does the ET-4550 use pigment ink or dye ink?  That makes a difference for color t-shirt transfers.

I'm pretty sure the 7610 is pigment ink.

Talk to the people that make the transfers....I'm sure they will have better info than the OD techs.

Ask them which is the best printer for their transfer materials.     Just my 2 cents....

I too would like to be able to do nice full color t-shirts....I have a Big-A** Laser printer we use in the print shop

and THAT should be good enough but I haven't found a transfer paper that works well with it.

Sue2

4 hours ago, Sue2 said:

Does the ET-4550 use pigment ink or aqueous?  

pretty sure you mean pigment or dye - both are aqueous :)

Yes, thanks...too early in the AM to be answering...I fixed it.

I see there is a 16500 model that will print big. Bigger price tag too. For shirt work I find 70% of my prints would not fit on a regular sheet of paper. Not by much but enough that I am usually glad to have bigger sheets. That said I bought a 100 sheet pack of JPSS 11x17 a year ago and still have a LOT of it left so your individual usage may vary but mine is pretty well limited. 

• Like 1

This says pigment ink and I see one that looks like dye. Don't see eco-solvent as an offering. 

Screen Shot 2017-07-23 at 12.30.24 PM.png

Thanks everyone ,, Hard decision with limited choices,,I could go buy a Cobra ink setup but i really dont want to deal with clogs etc... Either way i need to get something like yesterday lol..

8 minutes ago, signyouup said:

I think the clog issues are with Sublimation ink when you don't use it very often.

Thanks .I  think i heard that .I wont be going to sub ink ..... Im just stuck on what to do lol... I really like that epson 16500 big model tho... Kinda tempted lol.. I guess im looking for what someone would do if you were in my shoes answer lol what printer would you get.  And lets forget about the gift card i have lol.. I can use it for supplies etc.....

I had head clog issues with the Cobra Ink tank system with pigment inks.  I am told you have to run the printer at least once a day just to keep things from sitting & clogging.

The tank tubes would also get air bubbles in them.

I have a worthless Epson Workforce 1100 right now.  When it ran, it worked nice though.

Sue2

• Like 1

I personally had a WF30 with a tank system installed from Cobraink. It had clog issues often, even if I used it for everyday printing. I have heard they improved the tubes to another material that has less issues but eventually I hit the head cleaning limit and since it only did small sheets I threw it away. At that point I went to the 7610 and bought the carts. The printers can be found for $150 and the carts can hop printers is my theory. I have a 7620 that is dead from letting sub ink set for a week or two. I had a automation running that was cycling a print job every day and something went wrong with the wifi connection and it stopped. I rarely do sublimation so I just pulled the tanks and will buy another printer if a job comes along. My original 7610 is still working but has a few clogged nozzles that I fight. As long as I do the right setting it still produces passable prints but I should go get another one. 

My biggest complaint, and the one I would hope the new tank style printer would fix, is that the stupid printer still thinks it's running out all the time. The 7610/20 printers are ink hogs and one or another cart is always low and as soon as the printer thinks its about out it will kill a print job part way through even though it's not actually out of ink (because I can see it's not) When it resumes it will attempt to print the other half of the messed up job if you aren't paying attention and then you have TWO messed up sheets. I would assume that the tank printer will have some other set up where it doesn't do that. Other than that one issue I'm happy with the cart system. It is definitely a really affordable way to go and you can have the ability to print great big sheets for a small price with little concern  because at $150 they are basically disposable printers. 

• Like 1

So i have narrowed it down to the epson WF 7610 .I have one other one to check out. But if i go with the 7610 i will get the tank kit or refill carts from cobra.....  They do have the WF7610 on sale right now  so it wont cost my nothing to get it plus with a free 2 year replacement plan..Thank you everyone for the info and im glad to be done with the headache.I was just having a hard time trying to pick one lol...

Picked up the  7610 and its a beast.  I got it and 2 sets of the XL  cartridges for $218. Sales clerk gave me some extra discounts some how which was awesome...

I am now waiting to hear back from cobra ink for either getting the refill cartridges and or tank setup. I see that they changed their tubing they used which is supposed to stop the clogging issue, So i am curious if anyone is still having this issue with the CISS  or leaking cartridges from the refillable ones . Thanks

3 hours ago, andygeekboy said:

Hey @Primal Decals,

Think you'd be able to post a couple of pics of the finished tshirts?

I'm really interested in what the final product looks like.

Thanks

Yes i will once i do one ,I think sometime this week. Still working on a few other jobs first .

• Like 1