AlysonRenee

USB Issues - SC Series

Ok, I know there are many other discussions about the usb port, however I have tried all of the tips that have been left on those other discussions.

Computer: Windows 10

Cutter: SC 34

Software: VinylMaster Pro (not a part of the problem)

Issue: Cutter not being avaliable as usable hardware. In the Device manager it is giving me error code 43, basically it is acknowledging there is a device plugged in when the cutter is on but saying there is a malfunction with the device so Windows is automatically disabling the hardware. 

Things I have tried: 

Using several different usb cables varying from 2 ft to 6 ft in length.

Uninstalling drivers, restarting, shutting down, taking out battery to pc, reinstalling drivers. 

Taking panel of cutter off to expose port (port appears fine and not loose) reattaching panel and doing the uninstalling/reinstalling drivers all over again. 

Unistalling and reinstalling pc usb hardware drivers  (nothing to do with cutter, just thought that might fix the code 43 issue) other peripherals worked fine before and after uninstall/reinstall.

Any more tips or tricks I should try?

Now my other questions are: If I get a serial to usb adapter could that likely work? The IO port is not avaliable to purchase on the uscutter website (it's backordered I guess), do you know if another source I could go to to get a port that would work? 

Additional Info: Cutter is about 1.5 yrs old. I rarely unplug and plug in the usb, I have no need to move it, so I choose not to do so knowing there are issues other people haved had with the port coming loose. 

Thank you all so much!

The value cutters have a very flaky Chinese chipset.for USB.  It is not True USB like higher end cutters.   Value cutters are best on serial cable or a Tripp Lite Keyspan Adapter.  That is the brand name..   This is a Tripp Lite Keyspan Adapter.   Prices Vary.    You can look this up on the forum, it has helped many, many people.   Some people don't have any problems with USB, others, nothing but problems. Don't go buy some USB to serial cable adapter from BEST BUY etc.  They will not work with a vinyl cutter.  You need a Tripp lite Keyspan Adapter. 

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Tripp-Lite-Keyspan-High-Speed-USB-to-Serial-Adapter-/121453481995?hash=item1c4731100b:g:X2UAAOSwE6VXJGwq

• Like 1

3 hours ago, MZ SKEETER said:

The value cutters have a very flaky Chinese chipset.for USB.  It is not True USB like higher end cutters.   Value cutters are best on serial cable or a Tripp Lite Keyspan Adapter.  That is the brand name..   This is a Tripp Lite Keyspan Adapter.   Prices Vary.    You can look this up on the forum, it has helped many, many people.   Some people don't have any problems with USB, others, nothing but problems. Don't go buy some USB to serial cable adapter from BEST BUY etc.  They will not work with a vinyl cutter.  You need a Tripp lite Keyspan Adapter. 

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Tripp-Lite-Keyspan-High-Speed-USB-to-Serial-Adapter-/121453481995?hash=item1c4731100b:g:X2UAAOSwE6VXJGwq

Thank you so much! 

It will be here Tuesday, hopefully it does the trick!

24 minutes ago, AlysonRenee said:

Thank you so much! 

It will be here Tuesday, hopefully it does the trick!

Your welcome,  hope it works out for you.   

my sc was doing something similar. I think mine a was a bug on my comp. cleaned and restarted and all was good.