MrJoel

More cutting issues (suggested settings changes)

Ok, I'm trying to do a bunch of these skulls for my kiddos birthday party to put on some various things but the issues is showing up in other places too...so I grabbed a few pics.  These are 1" wide overall and the eye socket keeps having a tag on the one on the right...not in all of them but enough to drive me crazier.  The 45° blade wasnt liking the combo of reflective and small decal so I purchased a few more 60° blades that arrived today.  Same issue as before.  .25mm offset (same as the 45) so I left it at the .31mm that it cuts well with using the 45.  Overcut has been adjusted from 1.02mm to .95 and 1.07...not really any changes to note...same tags in the same spot.

Do you guys have a test image that you use to set offset and if so can you leave it on here for me?

IMG_2663.JPG

IMG_2667.JPG

IMG_2668.JPG

for setting and testing offset - I usually make some capital "T's" ( arial font I believe?)  whatever makes a "square"  T letter... I also like to use the plus sign, or a cross shape.

As for the design- make sure nodes are nice and rounded on the eye area.  - another trick is to add more nodes in that rounded corner- forcing the cutter to spend more time in the arc.

• Like 1

same spot on every instance make sure there isn't a stray node or something in that spot, could be the file. 

What I see is, the designs are not cutting the same.  The white does not look like the black.  The far right piece of the white mouth  is narrow, and the rest are more narrower  compared to black ones.  And other places don't match. .At that small of a design, you should be cutting very slow.   That could be tracking.  Just my 2c     

are the 2 side by side images a copy of each other? or is the very top white one a different image than the ones below ,because like Mz Skeeter pointed out the lines in the mouth are different than the other ones, Looks like to 2 different  vector image files to me ..  Can you send me the file  of both white and black in a pm and ill see if i see anything that might be missed by chance? I did it a long time ago and didnt realize it,Thats why im asking ..

I have that same image as well..

6 hours ago, Wildgoose said:

same spot on every instance make sure there isn't a stray node or something in that spot, could be the file. 

I checked the nodes and they are spot on!  I switched to another 45° blade...no issues???  Really?  I'm so confused.  So I switched for another 60° (3rd different 60 I've tried...same thing)

One other thing to note is that the first cut on each decal is the top of that right side eye...   is there a way to designate a start spot on each decal?

I'm really thinking that after the boys school gets paid for, I'm upgrading

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, MrJoel said:

One other thing to note is that the first cut on each decal is the top of that right side eye...   is there a way to designate a start spot on each decal?

It starts where it wants as far i have ever known..All you do is tell it where its home position is

I think technically it starts and the beginning node of a line. You can possibly manually re-draw that eye starting in a new spot and then delete the original and it may help.

6 hours ago, Wildgoose said:

I think technically it starts and the beginning node of a line. You can possibly manually re-draw that eye starting in a new spot and then delete the original and it may help.

I love it when people think outside the box!  I'm gonna give it a try!

I might copy the right eye, mirror it and change it for the left eye.

Cal

• Like 2

Just had support answer my question saying that the offset should be set to between .35 and .39mm to deal with the "flag" that the pictures show.  However, they didn't address the inconsistency in the flags.  I didn't get a chance to get the other eye mirrored last night as some medical issues came up with our munchkin.

1 hour ago, MZ SKEETER said:

So are the white decal vectors and the black decal vectors the same file?  

thats what im curious on,Cause to me ,if the offset was the issue it would do it to every image the same,,So for it to do it to one and not the other makes me think the images are different and not an exact copy ,but we could be wrong...

On 7/12/2017 at 11:01 AM, MZ SKEETER said:

So are the white decal vectors and the black decal vectors the same file?  

Yes they are

On 7/12/2017 at 1:30 PM, Primal Decals said:

I sent you a Pm bud.

Sorry, I'm on vacation with very limited internet.  I'll check it out when I get back.  Thanks man

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, MrJoel said:

Sorry, I'm on vacation with very limited internet.  I'll check it out when I get back.  Thanks man

sounds good

good grief!  I got them cutting very good...until I put a weeding box into the picture...then quite a bit of the detail is lost.  10 skulls at 2.5" with weeding box is ok.  same 10 skulls at 1" with weeding box, its looks like my 7 year old drew it...blind folded...behind his back...with his toes!  I can cut 10 without the box just fine.  weird  

2 hours ago, MZ SKEETER said:

Weed lines and weed boxes take up a lot more memory. 

Any suggestions for a work around?

Ive never had this issue with scalps but i know the last time someone had a cutting issue they ended up either upgrading to scalps 4pro or updating it  which would be like 49.00 for you to upgrade to 4pro ,their problem went away. Check for updates on the site also... not just in the program..

And to let others know, i know its not his file...unless something was changed in the file ,but i doubt it.

38 minutes ago, MrJoel said:

Any suggestions for a work around?

Upgrade to a Graphtec and don't look back.  :D  I never use weed boxes.  and only use weed lines for small text.  I don't cut multiples of small designs, but I know my designs are tons bigger than what you are doing....