splash0321

Perf cutting after premasking

I have done a pretty thorough search of this topic and cant seem to find an answer. I sell online and what i want to do is cut out my kits, apply premask, then perf cut the whole thing...premask and all. I have purchased kits that clearly have had this done to them but I havnt been able to find any literature on it or any tutorials. It just makes everything look very professional and thats what Im after. I have attached a picture similar to what im looking for.

I have a graphtec fc7000-160mk2 if that makes a difference.

perf cut example.jpg

Sounds like you are going to have to do some trial and error. Please post your results and maybe it will help the next guy. 

I wonder how well the app tape will stay down to allow you to cut through it. Some of the mass produced stuff is actually Die Cut 

I'm completely new at this so I may be way off base but what if you did the following?

- Cut your vinyl with registration marks.
- After the app tape, place the decal on a carrier sheet like in the link the Signyouup posted. Or maybe even try contact paper.
- Create a new layer or color on your original artwork.
- On this new layer, manually create a contour cut. On most graphics software they have some sort of function to take the selected lines and "expand" or "grow" or "enlarge",which is essentially what a contour cut is doing. It won't be perfect, you'll have to do a little cleaning up.
- Change the faux contour cut line type to a dash instead of a solid. You'll probably have to play with what style dash works best.
- Line up your decal and it's carrier sheet using the registration marks just like you would for a real contour cut.
- Set up a blade depth that will cut through the app tape and decal but not the carrier sheet.
- Cut the color/layer that had the faux contour cut.

It sounds like a lot of work the first time around, but most of the heavy lifting is done when you go to make that decal again.