MrJoel

Tripllite keyspan adapter install SCAL on Mac

Got the keyspan adapter, installed the drivers, went to cut and the laserpoint II isn't seen by SCAL pro 3...rebooted...same thing.  Help

Hopefully you connected the vinyl cutter serial cable to the Tripp lite Keyspan Adapter.   USB cable from Keyspan Adapter to computer,  Serial cable end of Keyspan to  null modem serial cable that came with your vinyl cutter,,serial cable end then to vinyl cutter.   

Got, it was a setting in the drop down menu (the one under the USB selection drop down) where I had to select the keyspan adapter.    It cut good but I still don't understand why the plotter's test cut speed is different than the speed when cutting a file...noticeably much different!  I run at 500 and the plotter flys on the test cut...when I cut a file it runs at what seems like between 100-200 at test cut speed

• Like 1

my guess----I image its because the more reliable serial port sends only cut data.  when you had on USB- the software would send the design, and more parameters like speed. So now you can try setting the speed from the cutter itself- not the software-- maybe that will solve it.

On 7/8/2017 at 4:00 PM, MrJoel said:

Got, it was a setting in the drop down menu (the one under the USB selection drop down) where I had to select the keyspan adapter.    It cut good but I still don't understand why the plotter's test cut speed is different than the speed when cutting a file...noticeably much different!  I run at 500 and the plotter flys on the test cut...when I cut a file it runs at what seems like between 100-200 at test cut speed

I believe the cutter knows that if it cuts and goes that speed it is preset for testing it will give a perfect cut,But thats only if blade depth is set correctly.  

Try cutting a test Letter in the same font the cutter uses in the same size etc and see what it does..and try and match the speed.