Sign in to follow this  
TorbenC

CS630 contour cut (signcut)

I just bought a Creation PCUT CS630 (with laser) as an upgrade, to my Copam CP-2500.

Everything works fine, but when I try to contour cut in Signcut 2 (3 week free demo) the cutter stalls, and I'm not able to move the cutter with the arrows (not via keyboard or cutter)

Everytime, I have to power down the cutter, to get it to work again.

Anyone have an idea, what's wrong here?

Have you tried the tech support? SignCut has about the best live tech help out there. If it is software related they will figure it right out. 

I have never owned a Copam but was always under the impression they were better built than the Creation P-Cut (I DID own one of those as my first cutter) Not that it helps for a hill of beans at this point just surprised to see it was bought as an upgrade. 

I have tried with other software, with same problem, so it's a software setting/Hardware problem.

Copam has done me good, but was way slower, no USB, no contour cut, a LOT of failurs (Knife down, scroll accros the roll etc. etc.) so I had to sit on top of it.
I got the Pcut CS630 for €300 - Which was cheaper than have my Copam shipped to my new location.

I don't mean to knock it. I had good success with mine for about 2-1/2 years until I had decided I could make enough to justify getting a servo machine. 

11 hours ago, Wildgoose said:

I don't mean to knock it. I had good success with mine for about 2-1/2 years until I had decided I could make enough to justify getting a servo machine. 

No I know.

I know the quality of the machine, and only bought it to make money to buy a Roland or similair print/cutter, so I can have one machine, instead of two :)

On ‎7‎/‎8‎/‎2017 at 0:15 PM, TorbenC said:

I have tried with other software, with same problem, so it's a software setting/Hardware problem.

Copam has done me good, but was way slower, no USB, no contour cut, a LOT of failurs (Knife down, scroll accros the roll etc. etc.) so I had to sit on top of it.
I got the Pcut CS630 for €300 - Which was cheaper than have my Copam shipped to my new location.

I used to own that cutter also - I would not use the USB on it. As for contour cutting, I never attempted - but I would imagine its a manual process to hit the center of the marks - keep us posted if you are successful.

Just found this in the user manual.. 

If you need to exchange the location of the red dot and the blade, only in the serial port you
can use the red eye’s position function only in the serial port.

So there is my problem.. Great..