restless-rooster

Vinyl won't stick to transfer tape...help please

Hey everyone

So I have someone who wanted a decal on glittery vinyl.  Got some ordered and cut the design (very simple design), but the tape will not stick to the vinyl.    The glitter vinyl is textured, almost like sandpaper, so i understand why it wont stick.  I used the high tack clear uscutter tape, and high tack paper tape.  I was thinking trying the paper tape with some hair spray on the tack side.    What do you think?  Any other suggestions?

Thanks!

Are you saying that the ends of the transfer tape curl up or what?   I would not use hairspray.    Can't you just tape the transfer tape ends down with cellophane tape, then squeegee it real good.  I tape the ends of my transfer tape all the time, because I ship them.  And I only use medium tack paper transfer tape. . Maybe show a picture.

1 hour ago, MZ SKEETER said:

Are you saying that the ends of the transfer tape curl up or what?   I would not use hairspray.    Can't you just tape the transfer tape ends down with cellophane tape, then squeegee it real good.  I tape the ends of my transfer tape all the time, because I ship them.  And I only use medium tack paper transfer tape. . Maybe show a picture.

The ends don't curl up at all. I did a sample cut to test this vinyl, and I mean the vinyl does not release from the backing paper.   The vinyl just stays on the backing paper instead of sticking to the transfer tape.

Have you tried laying the decal face down and pealing the backing away from the decal rather than pealing the decal away from the backing?

7 minutes ago, darcshadow said:

Have you tried laying the decal face down and pealing the backing away from the decal rather than pealing the decal away from the backing?

I have and no luck

Agree above on darcshadow.   You always peel the backing away from the decal,  You don't lift the decal from the backing.. I always send those instructions, to my buyers,  If you lift the vinyl from the backing, you can actually lift the backing paper stuck right to the decal also. And you don't want backing paper stuck to your decal. Squeegee the front good and peel away. the backing.   If it is still too hard to peel away, have you cut the decal too deep and smashed it right down into the backing.   If so, back off on the force and recut it. 

• Like 1