Raven1776

Dead Computer

I am sure this isn't the right place for this, but I thought id ask here and get sent to the proper place. Two weeks ago we had an electrical storm that took out my computer and surge protector. thankfully my cutter was off.. Is there a way I can replace the cutter program or do I need to purchase a new one?

your license allowed it to be loaded on 2 computers = if you already have loaded it twice contact craftsedge directly (maker of scalp) with your info and request a reset of your license

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, Raven1776 said:

I am sure this isn't the right place for this, but I thought id ask here and get sent to the proper place. Two weeks ago we had an electrical storm that took out my computer and surge protector. thankfully my cutter was off.. Is there a way I can replace the cutter program or do I need to purchase a new one?

Exactly what Dakotagrafx said.. They will send you an email with your password for your program... Tell them what happened and they will help you out...

Go here..http://www.craftedge.com/support/support.html

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Raven1776 said:

Thanks Guys.. Appreciate the help

what version are you running ..I have sclaps4pro 4.062 is the latest on this

I just looked and for just 4.0 they have an update .just have your program update it by clicking Help in the program and then update just in case you didnt know that.. ...........Not sure if you have checked out the 4 pro one .But you can download the demo and try it .I liked it more than 3 which is what i started with ..    Oh and if the program says you have the current one which actually is 4.063 , just download the program and it will overide the one you have already .. I figured out on my own..

If your hard drive isn't dead, you can put it in a USB enclosure and use it in your new computer. You can often buy used computers for next to nothing too and then put that drive in too. If you have a friend close by, you can see if you can connect your hard drive to their machine to see if it powers up. If it powers on, chances are good it will still work. The computer is always replaceable, it's the data on the hard drive that's not easily replaceable unless you image your computer using software like Macrium Reflect (there is a free edition that works just fine) or Acronis True Image. There is even an open source version of a hard drive imaging software called CloneZilla http://clonezilla.org/

Having an external hard drive is essential for disaster recovery...maybe it's a good time to buy an enclosure and use this drive as data backup drive (image library). These imaging suites can even restore a working machine to dissimilar hardware. Restoration takes minutes instead of days the old fashion way...

Anyhow, it may just be easier to contact the vendor for another key but there is always other solutions if you want to dig further. If you want to research YouTube on how these various imaging software suites work, it will greatly enlighten you.

• Like 2