joker

Hello everyone/ Car material

Hello all hope all is well with everyone. Just seen a post about Mr300s and i actually had a tear in my eye after seeing that post. He helped me out with a few things. My condolences to his family. Now on to my question. Just purchased my wife a 2014 dodge challenger and now she want racing stripes on it. So my question is is what is the best material to use for this. Never messed with anything like this. Suggestions are appreciated and thanks in advance. 

If you want a perfect job then I'd use an air release wrap vinyl like 3M 1080 and knifeless tape.  

You're going to end up with a few air bubbles for sure if you use sign vinyl.  

• Like 1

I have been using 751 no problems at all and no bubbles ,knock on wood so far..Been installing dry and when it just starts to get just slightly warm outside.

• Like 1

I am a fleet graphics installer who does everything from full wraps to door decals. Bubble free is all in the vinyl, or is it?  Squeegee selection is a huge factor...a hard squeegee over a premasked sign vinyl with a dry application can look amazing and the vinyl will cost 25% of what a wrap vinyl will cost.  Knifeless tape means you lay the design out with the tape and then apply a larger selection of vinyl rather than cutting your stripes, weeding and then using application tape. if it's my car, I'm probably going sign vinyl...my wife's ride...it's getting a premium wrap vinyl (I treat her good)

• Like 2

This may sound strange, but when using 751/951 for racing stripes, I install wet and don't even bother with transfer tape. I mark where the stripes go then just peel a stripe off, wet it, and put it on the car. I never get bubbles and the install is really fast.

What kind of stripe does she want? If she wants it to follow the contour of the hood like this photo, you may be better off with Design Line Knifeless Tape and a yard of wrap for the hood. You could use sign vinyl for the rest of the car as long as the color matches.

stripe.jpg

• Like 1

thanks for all the replies i went went with a oracal 951 and it worked well. Here is a picture of the hood 

19702607_10212733993603262_7385882830833685786_o.jpg

• Like 3