cardudenc

VM not connecting with a longer usb

I know should use a shorter cable. And US cutter send the length cord they recommend. but that just doesn't work the way I have to set up my work space right now. when I 1st bought my cutter it worked fine using a 16' usb cable. but then stopped. I thought it was the cable. replaced it, but still no luck. so I started using the cord US sent. later I  switched to scalps 4 to cut with. now I'm re doing the work area, but still a long cable would make placement of cutter better. I bought a 3.0 powered hub and hooked the 16' cable back up. scalps works fine. so I checked to see if that was the issue of why VM stopped. it still will not connect. so what gives? why will scalps work and VM wont?

Guest Future Support

If you can get any program to cut to your machine, then there is no reason (other than selecting the correct settings) that any other program would be unable to cut.

If you lodge a ticket at http://future.support we can assist you in checking the connection settings have been set correctly.

have you thought about using a powered usb hub - maybe  a voltage loss over the longer cable?

• Like 1

That's the reason I was trying this again, bought an anker powered hub.

I called US and they told what I posted above. but I will try that

ticket sent

4 hours ago, Guest Future Support said:

If you can get any program to cut to your machine, then there is no reason (other than selecting the correct settings) that any other program would be unable to cut.

If you lodge a ticket at http://future.support we can assist you in checking the connection settings have been set correctly.

If you're wanting the cutter that far away from the computer I'd suggest switching to the serial connection. You can go like 50' or so with a serial cable and not having the hassle of dealing with the cheap USB chipsets is so worth the cost of the serial cable and interface card.

I mustve been having a slow day. lol

hate we spent so much time researching other things. but I did learn a few things. I figure the stuff we found would make things better

wonder why the dude at ( cough cough wont mention where) didn't come up with that? lol

41 minutes ago, Primal Decals said:

Awesome to hear..

8 hours ago, cardudenc said:

I mustve been having a slow day. lol

hate we spent so much time researching other things. but I did learn a few things. I figure the stuff we found would make things better

wonder why the dude at ( cough cough wont mention where) didn't come up with that? lol

We are always researching or looking something up together  on the phone arent we lol....

Yes Everyone. @cardudenc and i  are pretty close friends now since we met on here lol...I dont dont think there is a day that goes by one of us isnt contacting the other lol

If it were me i would call uscutter back and let them know what you learned and see why it wasnt mentioned to you by them ....... or ..If they didnt know that issue you could inform them the new info and say your welcome have a nice day  lol.....

• Like 1

whats funny is I said several times it works in scalps, so I don't think its a cable issue. I'm still a rookie so what do I know.  But guess what....... it wasn't . lol.

I figure it might be a good thing if they know how to fix this issue in the future.

I wouldn't keep beating this dead horse if this wasn't the 3rd or 4th time ive called in and after the conv. hung up pissed.

this time tho me hanging up pissed cost them a lil. I called in last month asking about adding the extended warranty to my cutter before the warranty ran out, well was supposed to be called back on that. never happened so I asked about that. next, I buy myself a bday gift every yr since I always know what I really want. lol. if someone wouldn't have been a jerk and making this be like every other time I call in, I was ordering the titan 2 after we discussed the issue. every time this happens I tell myself its going be the last. then the low prices on sale items, or on vinyl reel me back in. my last couple just vinyl orders went to a local dist because of it. so now I'm looking harder for vinyl suppliers and maybe instead of the titan I may go with Graphtec or Roland since they are offered by others.

but on a pos note, future support was quick to contact me. I didn't think I would get that quick of response. I think it was midnight here. I didn't bother checking my email after sending in the ticket. when I checked the next morning, someone responded within 5 min of the ticket being sent. so it was 11 am here when I responded, still another quick response. so gotta say those guys are on top of it

• Like 1

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.