Sign in to follow this  
Rocco

ce6000-60 cutting erratically

I have been using the same cutter/software since 2013.  Flexisign 8.1 and a CE-6000-60.  The other day it just started acting crazy.  It drops the blade and then the carriage goes far left and slams the end causing a harware error message.  Other times it will drop the blade and start running out vinyl.   A couple of times it will return to the origin in the middle of cutting without lifting the blade, then return to cutting with the blade down.  

I changed the USB cable and plugged it into a front port as opposed to the rear one it was in.  I also added a new setup to show CE-5000-60 -2 in production manager.  No help at all

Thanks in advance for any help

Rocco 

personally I would contact Graphtec tomorrow directly for diagnosis / . 

Things that I have tried:  Factory reset, new USB cable, plugging cable into a different USB port, cutting by selecting item then going to production manager, cutting by not selecting item and choosing color in production manager (problem that Signmate had in the '90's with paneling glitch .), Sending to file and then cutting from .PLT, Taking off covers and blowing out with compressed air, cutting with 'simple mode' on and off, 

the last thing I tried was calling Tech Support.  I got an answering machine and left a message.  I did not receive a return call.  Every hour that the cutter is down is time that I am not making $$$ (actually loosing $$$ because of overhead).  Does anyone have a number to get through to support? 

pretty hard to find - I just googled graphtec america and hit support.  I have never heard of anyone having trouble with their direct support before but then again so few people ever need to call them

Technical Support:
Please provide product model & serial number with your tech service inquiry
Toll Free: (888) 318- 3247

if the time being down is a big factor then order another one while this one is being fixed.  when you have big overhead you have to plan for equipment problems.

Did you try a different cutting software?  You state you have been using Flexisign 8.1...But you did not state which computer operating system.  8.1 is for computer operating system of XP and older.  If you have it on newer, maybe an update may have caused it problems,  Just throwing that out there.   Also, are you sure the Command is on HP-GL?

MZ,  How do you set the command to HP-GL?  I saw the window once but had trouble locating it today.  

As to the suggestion to buy another cutter, that is not an option.  Without getting into a long story, big overhead does not equate to large profits when other areas of your life take unexpected turns.  The easy answer of buying a new piece of equipment and then repairing  the existing one for a backup, would be ideal.  Just wish I was capable of that at this time.

Graphtec was very helpful when I was able to get through to them.

Did you ever try your cutter with a different cutting software?  If you would, you should be able to narrow the problem down more, as to whether it is the software. or the cutter.