PixelPusher

SignCut Pro 2.0 Final Released June 17/2017

A heads up. SignCut Pro 2.0 Final has been released. It is now out of beta officially. You can download a three week trial from http://www.signcutpro.com the old 1.96.7 version website can still be accessed from this URL: http://pro1.signcutpro.com/

The Windows version is a 94.4 MB download. The Mac version is 21.4 MB in size so that's kind of interesting how much smaller the installer is...

Note: Their new website is horrendously slow now and one of those Wordpress templated, heavily Javascripted, vertical scrolling forever monstrosities with giant fonts and massive web graphics (as seems to be the rage by every web script kiddy) so be prepared to have things crawl to a snails pace.

33 minutes ago, dcbevins said:

If you have a SignCut Pro subscription, will it translate to 2.0?

That's a very good question that I can not answer as I haven't tried things out yet as my sub ran out and I've not renewed though I might if I decide to do so after the trial expires (once I get around to installing it and testing it). The information on their website is very sparse with concern to 2.0 in general and none whatsoever with regards to upgrading from 1.96.7 to 2.0. My inclination is that it will work fine if you have a current 1.96.7 subscription but that's just a guess. I can't imagine Whisqu killing all their current 1.x customer base with the update. My suggestion is for someone to try it but only after backing up their computer first. I would suggest Macrium Reflect Free edition https://www.macrium.com/reflectfree or another imaging software (Acronis True Image, etc).

That way you can restore to a working computer state in case things don't work out as expected. These days I don't install or upgrade very much (outside of web browsers, plugins and extensions) without doing a computer image first.

FYI, on the 1.x website, the renewal options for subscriptions in the store are also drastically reduced from what they offered originally.

It would also be my suggestion to download this initial release and archive it. Even if you don't plan on updating for a while. Experience says initial software releases will be updated as soon as bugs are worked out but sometimes you want the original releases and/or older releases. Once things are updated, the old releases become rare.

Anyhow, I think things will flesh out over time here as it was just launched or as soon as customers update and share information.

I played with the beta some, but it had some strange behavior, so I ditched it.  I think it may have been sharing some settings like directory locations with the 1.0 install, not sure.  I just renewed a few days ago for a year.  I would like if it transfered over, but can live with out it.  I talked to them, (via chat,) a few days ago about a CorelDraw 2017  plug in.  They said they should have it by the end of the month.  I might try the 2.0 again then and see if it honors my subscription code.

Found some information that says as a 1.x user upgrading to 2.0 will be fine.

https://signcut.freshdesk.com/support/solutions/articles/19000054068-i-m-a-former-customer-and-i-want-to-use-signcut-again-what-should-i-do-

" When SignCut Pro 2 has been released no new SignCut Pro 1 license numbers will be created. To SignCut up for SignCut Pro 2 please visit our official website. "

So it looks like they are pushing 2.0 to everyone from here on out.

So it's been a month now since they officially launched SignCut Pro 2.0 final (since June 16, 2017). Their new SC2 website STILL doesn't have prices up, a shopping cart, or mention that the dongle edition of 1.9x DOES NOT SUPPORT SignCut 2.0 (saw this blurb buried on the SC1 website). So I think that means the SC 1.9x dongle holders are out of luck with 2.0. Not that I have a SC dongle or anything, but still, if I had one, I'd be mad since it says "lifetime" (lifetime meaning only for 1.96.7 it seems...LOL!)

All in all their new website is such a mess that I can't see how they're getting any sales on 2.0 except on repeat customers whose licenses have expired. I can't believe this company has taken such a nosedive after launching their new product.

There is no sales information on the 2.0 website. If anyone can find a price, let me know because I've been through every page and link on it and found nothing of value...

They also do not have an export plugin for Coreldraw 2017 and SignCut 1.9.7 yet...Probably won't either and instead push 2.0.

Edited by PixelPusher
No coreldraw 2017 plugin

I had to renew and I can't get Signcut 2.0 to work properly, and Live Chat doesn't work, and my email is unanswered. I am giving it the rest of today and filing a paypal claim. I am not paying for a product that will not work as advertised.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, PixelPusher said:

So it's been a month now since they officially launched SignCut Pro 2.0 final (since June 16, 2017). Their new SC2 website STILL doesn't have prices up, a shopping cart, or mention that the dongle edition of 1.9x DOES NOT SUPPORT SignCut 2.0 (saw this blurb buried on the SC1 website). So I think that means the SC 1.9x dongle holders are out of luck with 2.0. Not that I have a SC dongle or anything, but still, if I had one, I'd be mad since it says "lifetime" (lifetime meaning only for 1.96.7 it seems...LOL!)

All in all their new website is such a mess that I can't see how they're getting any sales on 2.0 except on repeat customers whose licenses have expired. I can't believe this company has taken such a nosedive after launching their new product.

There is no sales information on the 2.0 website. If anyone can find a price, let me know because I've been through every page and link on it and found nothing of value...

They also do not have an export plugin for Coreldraw 2017 and SignCut 1.9.7 yet...Probably won't either and instead push 2.0.

Just to try the software,  I downloaded it for trial.  I just went back and it says I have 2 days left.  I clicked  at the top of the screen and it says  Click the button to extend it,  Then it showed this pop up box with prices   under HELP at top of screen. 

signcut.JPG

• Like 1

On 7/28/2017 at 8:31 AM, MZ SKEETER said:

Just to try the software,  I downloaded it for trial.  I just went back and it says I have 2 days left.  I clicked  at the top of the screen and it says  Click the button to extend it,  Then it showed this pop up box with prices   under HELP at top of screen. 

signcut.JPG

Thank you Mz Skeeter for that informative screenshot. At least that's a start for pricing. However, I can't fathom getting charged for cutter width! Are they kidding? WOW! Vinylmaster (pick your version) looks better and better all the time...

When I was fiddling with the beta, the only feature that jumped out at me was nesting.  It was a bit convoluted to get it to nest, but it was there.  The design features might be nice, but I use other design software.  What I want is just something that cuts and cuts well.  

• Like 1

On ‎7‎/‎29‎/‎2017 at 9:14 PM, dcbevins said:

When I was fiddling with the beta, the only feature that jumped out at me was nesting.  It was a bit convoluted to get it to nest, but it was there.  The design features might be nice, but I use other design software.  What I want is just something that cuts and cuts well.  

Amen!